Chapter 36 - Confession

🎶 Bairiyaa

Published on 09.07.2021

● A U T H O R ●

"What are you staring at from so long?" Kevin inquired Vihaan who was sitting on his chair and looking at a picture with so much intensity as if doing so would bring the picture to life.

Vihaan lifted his gaze for a moment before shifting them back to the photograph in his hand. "I had gone to the mansion this morning. Smriti needed some help and then Amrit bought a photo album that she found in the store room and I found this picture in that. It's intriguing."

Curious to know, Kevin stood and walked to stand beside Vihaan, leaning forward to get a proper look at the image. "Who are they?"

"We asked Mom who seemed to be shocked at first that we found this picture but she told us that he is dad's younger brother and his wife. They died," Vihaan murmured, sadness lacing his tone, "in a plane crash."

"Oh, that's bad." Kevin mumbled, staring at the photo intently just like Vihaan. "Don't- don't you feel as if your features resemble her?" He voiced out, pointing at the woman who was grinning ear to ear with her husband beside her, staring at her with immense love.

Vihaan snapped his head towards him, his eyes gleaming and his lips curving upwards. "You too thought that? I have been thinking the same! Look at her dimples." He said excitedly. "I thought that maybe I was overthinking."

"You do resemble her. There's some kind of charm, similar to what you've. I had heard many people saying that they resemble other members in their family but this is the first time I'm witnessing it," Kevin said in awe, completely amazed to see the striking similarities between the two.

Vihaan smiled, relieved to know that he wasn't simply overthinking.

"Let's leave now."

"Oh yes," Kevin moved back and straightened his t-shirt. "It's been too long since I met Aarohi."

Vihaan rolled his eyes. "Don't create any mess. I know you're more excited to see Tina."

"That bitch is the actual mess." He muttered under his breath.

"Language Kevin." Vihaan said lazily as he got up from his chair, picking up his bag and they left.

--

It had been more than half an hour and Aarohi was still stuck at 445th level of Candy Crush game. She was irritated to say the least. Okay maybe not all her irritation stemmed from that. Being irritated seemed to be her only constant mood these days. It was Sunday and Vihaan had gone to work. But that wasn't the worse part, the worse was she had to spend the whole day in Tina's company who much to her disliking kept initiating small talks with her. And Vihaan, oh, that cute cunning bitch again flirted with her in the morning. Not only that, he even tried to seduce her. Forcefully dragged her to the gym to do yoga which she usually preferred doing in her room while he did his exercises, shirtless. Now would you blame her to be distracted throughout? And when he came behind her to straighten her posture, she didn't resist him. She felt like a puppet at his hands. Then he left the gym as if nothing happened. Bitch!

But the same bitch had intentionally or unintentionally erased all her doubts. She was assured that he loved her, a lot maybe. God, that man was affected by the slightest of things done by her. He hated when she ignored him, he was desperate for her attention and he was determined to make her confess her feelings. She too wanted to tell him what he wanted to hear but she lacked the courage to do that. So first she has to dig the ground in search of courage and then gather it up. But she isn't going to let anything make her believe that he loved anyone but her. He cared for her, he noticed the little things about her, he would make her smile, her indifference hurt him, he said being with her makes everything so much better for him and if this isn't enough to make anyone believe that he loved only her then she doesn't know what is.