Chapter 42 - Revelation

🎶 Lovely (Billie Ellish & Khalid)

● A U T H O R ●

The gloomy weather reflected Aarohi's state of mind or maybe it was the weather that influenced her mood. Ever since she had woken up, there was this nagging feeling which rendered her restless. They were supposed to board the flight back to Mumbai in the afternoon and had packed their stuffs for the same. Aarohi assumed that maybe it was the fact that they were leaving the beautiful city today that was the reason behind her sullen mood. Everything seemed fine. Vihaan was doing some work on his laptop, she was done with the packing, the breakfast would arrive in some time and after few hours they would leave for the airport. Everything looked as if it's in its place yet it wasn't. As if it was an illusion waiting to be broken.

Aarohi walked to the balcony and inhaled deeply holding the railing. The eerie silence around her wasn't something she appreciated. She was waiting for the rains to pour just like she was waiting for this unsettling feeling to go away and neither of those were happening. It was frustrating to say the least. She looked up at the grey skies as if they were retelling a tale buried deep down, a story that was hidden just like the sun behind them.

"Aaru, let's have the breakfast." Vihaan called her and broke her trance.

Aarohi walked to the dining area and after washing her hands, she took her place.

The frown on her face didn't go unnoticed by Vihaan. "I know you don't want to leave the place but we'll come back oneday and makeup for everything that we couldn't." He said softly as he served the burritos and juice.

She stared at him with a lost expression. He was happy, content even. He didn't care about the past neither did he worry about the future. He was in the present, his face glowing with raw happiness because he was with her, away from everything that could weigh him down. His time was hers and so was he. Seeing him so unbothered as compared to her scared her. She was frustrated because she didn't know what has put her in a frenzy but looking at him, her heart clenched in an overwhelming feeling of protectiveness.

"You alright?" He asked looking at her.

The smile on his face, she didn't want it to fade. The way his eyes twinkled, she didn't want them to lose its shine. Everything about him was beautiful and she wanted nothing but the beauty to never lose its light. Aarohi shook her head and offered him a smile. "You're there with me so obviously I'll be alright," she said shrugging her shoulders.

Vihaan chuckled throwing his head back and placing his hand on his heart. "Uff! someone's being corny," he teased.

Aarohi rolled her eyes. Before she could respond to him, his phone rang and he picked it up.

"Hello Dad."

"We're good. Will reach Mumbai by tomorrow evening."

"Yeah. We're done with the packing and- "

"But why?"

"Mom?"

"What's there?"

"Fine."

"Okay."

"You too take care."

Vihaan cut the call and a puzzled expression was etched on his face.