Chapter 31 - First

🎶 Kaise Bataaoon Tujhe

Published on 07.06.2021

● A U T H O R ●

"It feels so peaceful." Aarohi whispered looking at the sunset in front of her as she exhaled softly.

"It does." Vihaan smiled.

They sat in solace with their feet crossed and Aarohi had interlinked their little finger. She seemed to be in a habit of having his hand in hers in one way or the other whenever he was near her and Vihaan didn't mind it at all. He liked how her asserting right over him just felt so right.

They were wrapped in a cocoon of silence where the only voices they heard were of nature. They watched the birds as they flew across the infinite sky probably going back to their nests, their home deservedly after wandering the whole day. They gazed at the changing hues of the sunset from yellow to orange to red, absorbing the beauty of the moment where the sun goes down, taking away its shine, its whole entity so that it could make way for the moon and let it be admired by the people underneath who will be engulfed in a blanket of darkness in its absence.

There were people around them; some alone, some with their partners, some with their friends and some with their family yet nobody seemed to mind others whom they didn't know. They were engrossed in their little world. They looked happy and content. Vihaan looked at the couples immersed in their conversations and walking beside each other, he observed the parents who were giggling at their kids antics, the group of friends who seemed to be hung on jokes and banters and then his gaze fell on Aarohi who was busy basking in the view and comfort the nature offered her. Tranquility, that's what he felt and he presumed that this is what the people around him felt too. All these years, there have been countless instances where he found himself alone, lonely. He never complained tough; instead got comfortable with it. He believed that this is what peace feels like. But when he compares this moment to all those instances, he realizes how wrong he was all along. What he thought of as peace was nothing but void. It was empty. But right now, even when he's surrounded by people, there's a strange sense of calmness inside him, something that whispers to him that nothing could be more perfect than this, after all he was in the best company.

"I love the sound of waves crashing against the rocks." Aarohi said and turned her head to face Vihaan, a small smile spreading across her face when she found him already looking at her.

"Why?" Vihaan asked, amused.

"Because it's inspiring." She focused her attention back at the front. "I love how the water come together, form waves, crash against the rocks, gets dispersed, goes back only to crash again. They're persistent in their efforts. They remind me that no matter how many times you fail, how many times you're broken, gather yourself together and keep trying. Be resilient." Her eyes drifted back to Vihaan.

Vihaan gave a small nod in understanding, his own lips curving into a little smile. "Do you know what I love?"

Aarohi cocked her head.

"The horizon." Vihaan pointed in front and Aarohi followed his lead. "Where the earth and sky meet. It makes me believe that even if two things are completely different from each other, can come together and become one. When two different worlds collide, it doesn't necessarily lead to disaster. It's like how a rainbow cannot be formed without a little sunshine and rain. Unexpected things can turn out to be the most beautiful ones." He looked at her and Aarohi fluttered her eyelashes nervously at the intensity of his gaze.

She didn't understand what he was implying. "Is it one of those things that makes you hope?" She enquired and when Vihaan didn't deny, she concluded. "Interesting," Aarohi hummed softly.