Chapter 44 - Happiness

🎶 Khulke Jeene Ka

Note : I'd been mentioning Rachna who's Aarohi's mom as Vihaan's mom instead of Sandhya, so sorry for the slip up. I've corrected it hopefully so don't get confuse when you read Sandhya in this chapter lol 🥲

● A U T H O R ●

Things were better, not alright but better. Vihaan was getting the space and time he needed to convince himself and sort out his thoughts. He had even started replying to his parents messages. He still didn't know what would pass for a proper reply but he was trying and that meant the world to Aakash and Sandhya. The insecurity that maybe they didn't love him and all these efforts were because they pitied him still nagged him at times but he had learnt to not let himself be deluded.

What surprised him was when Smriti and Amrit had called him for some help and they talked as if nothing had transpired in these past few days. For a moment, Vihaan even doubted if the two knew the truth but then remembered Aarohi telling him that his parents told them on the same day they told him the truth. They were just so normal with him as if it wasn't a big deal. They neither pitied him nor did they behave aloof with him and it felt so good like a weight had been lifted from his chest. Like he could see that maybe it wasn't that difficult to be okay, like it wasn't a big deal as his mind screamed it to be and maybe when emotions are genuine and real, nothing could change them. Love doesn't see where you belong or to whom, it just lies in your heart accepting others in all their imperfections and no perfect literary definition can change that.

"You know you can go to sleep right?" Vihaan said to Aarohi who was sitting on the desk beside the laptop on which he was working.

"It's Sunday so I've an off so it's fine." She shrugged. "You complete your work." She ushered him with her eyes.

"It's already 1 am. But nevermind." Vihaan sighed and then shook his head when she yawned.

After that night when he was drunk, Aarohi and Vihaan were back to being normal with each other. Aarohi pretended as if nothing great has happened and Vihaan just went with the flow because she was hin home and nothing made him feel more secure and comfortable than her. Something about her always fascinated him. He couldn't pinpoint what but it drew him towards her like a moth to a flame. He didn't know when did she became the center of his world or maybe she was his entire world because till the time she's fine, he's fine.

Aarohi kept swaying her legs back and forth and was tapping her fingers on the desk in a rhythm. It annoyed him a little but spending so many months with her, he had got accustomed to her habits.

"By the way, I.... I wanted to tell you something." He said in a small voice attracting her attention.

The sleep in her eyes vanished in an instant. "Finally!" She exclaimed cheerily. "I've been waiting since so long for you to speak up."

Vihaan looked at her dumbfounded. "How did you know that I wanted to say something?"

"It's written all over your face that you desperately want to tell something but aren't able to since the time you came from work." She gave him a look that said she knew it all along because it was that obvious.

"So basically you were waiting for me all this while because you wanted to know what I wanted to say?" He asked sceptically and raised a brow.

"Ofcourse! Did you really think that I'll wait for you simply because I want to watch you work or because I want to go to bed together?" She asked in mock disbelief. "I thought you knew me better than this," she shook her head in disappointment.

Vihaan glared at her from the corner of his eyes and she waggled her eyebrows at him. He knew his wife loved to irritate him and somehow even after knowing, he couldn't help but get irritated by her.