Chapter 35 - Feelings

🎶 Laagi Na Choote

Published on 02.07.2021

A U T H O R

Aarohi woke up pretty early the next morning. She found Vihaan snuggling into her stomach, his left hand holding her fingers limply and she resisted the urge to pull his cheeks. Carefully, not wanting to disturb his sleep, she freed herself from his hold and got up. She went to the bed and grabbed a pillow and duvet. Placing the pillow below Vihaan's head gently, she covered his body with the duvet and brushed a hand softly through his hair before leaving the room.

Aarohi stretched her arms when she reached her room. It was still dark outside. She took her phone to check the time, it was quarter past five. She got freshen up and put on a baby pink color hoodie and black track pants to go for a jog. She wanted to give her mind a rest and maybe a jog would help calm down her racing thoughts.

When she came back, she found Tina sitting on a chair and reading newspaper.

"Good morning," Tina wished when she noticed Aarohi.

"Good morning," Aarohi smiled, ignoring the way her stomach twisted and her brain again went on a rampage reminding her of the history that the woman in her sight shared with her husband.

"Jogging?" Tina asked trying to break the ice even though it was pretty visible that she had gone for a jog.

"Yeah," Aarohi answered awkwardly. "It wasn't raining today so thought of going to the park." She shrugged. "I'll go and take a shower."

Vihaan still hadn't woken up when Aarohi came back after taking a shower. Madhavi Tai had made sandwiches and left. Aarohi ushered Tina to the dining table for the breakfast, serving her and filling both of their glasses with orange juice.

"Vihaan isn't up?" Tina asked, attempting to initiate some sort of conversation.

At the mention of Vihaan's name, Aarohi's hand around the glass tightened and her jaw clenched.

Why does she care if Vihaan is up or not? Am I not interesting enough?

Resisting the urge to scoff, Aarohi looked up from her plate. "No. He must be tired," she replied in a clipped tone.

"Hmm." Tina hummed concluding that the woman across her wasn't interested to talk.

They both continued eating in silence.

Aarohi time and again discreetly stole glances at Tina who was wearing a white colour spaghetti top and navy blue long skirt. Her skin was fair and Aarohi was sure she could easily camouflage with the white walls of the kitchen. She had mahogany coloured shoulder length straight hair which reminded Aarohi of a painting that she had once seen in a museum. She had a square shaped face and her features were sharp. She was horribly beautiful, Aarohi thought.

"What do you do here?" Aarohi asked catching her attention.

Tina smiled. "I'm an art teacher at St. Andrew's and since today is Saturday, it's a holiday," she answered politely.

"That's nice."

"Actually," Tina started, "I'm sorry. You both don't have to yet you're helping me and getting involved into trouble. I regret it." She murmured apologetically.