Chapter 11 - Apologies & Smiles

Published on 10.04.2021

● A U T H O R ●

Silence is underrated. It's in the silence where you find solace. It's in the silence where you're able to hear yourself the loudest. A night away from everything that was draining her mentally gave Aarohi the space she so badly needed.

Admiring the simplicities of life, throwing stones into the sea while letting herself cool down, analyzing the events that had taken place, reconsidering her own actions, Aarohi passed the entire night in her own company. She spent a fair amount of time at Marine Drives listening to the waves hit the rocks and gazing at the stars above her twinkling in the otherwise dark sky. She was grateful that she didn't encounter any cop there. She loved coming here. It was her comfort place. It would have been weird if anybody saw her there not because it was unusual but seeing a girl all decked up in a heavy lehanga all alone had full chances to give the impression of a runaway bride or maybe runaway fiancè, if that exists!

She reached her apartment by half past six the next morning. She rang the doorbell and within a few seconds it opened revealing her best friend who had a stoic face.

"Morning." Aarohi said smilingly while removing her heels.

"Morning."

They didn't say anything more and Aarohi headed towards her room and came after taking a shower. Kiara meanwhile had already called Vihaan and informed him that his fiancè was back.

"What would you like to eat?" Kiara asked softly.

"I'm already full. So don't worry about you." Aarohi assured her.

"What did you have?"

"Medu vada with sambhar and coconut chutney. It was super tasty." She licked her lips. "I even had a cup of tea at the tapri and then brought a packet of chips as well."

"Was it that bad that you had to pamper yourself?" Kiara asked, trying to be patient.

" Kiara, I'm okay. Really." She emphasized.

"The bathroom was a mess!" Kiara gritted out. "Just fucking tell what happened!?"

"It's nothing serious okay. Just a argument with Vihaan. So chill. Don't stress yourself."

"Vihaan told me and Kevin what happened."

"So you already know? Then great. Now stop fussing over it. It's not-"

"I'm not talking about that. Tell me what happened before that. I know you were troubled. Why can't you just share it with me? And then you just left! Aarohi, I'm there for you whenever you need me. Why do you do that always?" Her voice laced with sadness, frustration and pity.

Aarohi held Kiara by her shoulders and made her sit before sitting beside her herself. "I'm fine now. I've already bothered you enough with my silly problems. I- I don't want to hurt you but please don't force me. I'm okay really." Aarohi said sadly with a tinge of guilt. "And regarding Vihaan, I'll apologise to him. I shouldn't have said all that. That was very mean of me." She said guiltily and looked down.

Kiara stoop abruptly. "You know what Aarohi!? Do whatever you want to do because that's all you do at the end. You want to keep it all bottled up inside you then keep it. Fine with me!" She yelled and went to the kitchen. Aarohi cursed herself. She always messed up things, didn't she?