Chapter 18 - Hurt

🎶 Chaandaniya

Published on 02.05.2021

A U T H O R

What do you do when you want something, when you wish things to go your way but they don't? You try harder. But what if this too doesn't work in your favor? You let it go, atleast most people do. That is what exactly Vihaan did.

Aarohi and him came from two different worlds. They shared different ideologies. He always found them at opposite ends where nobody was willing to leave their end. Things doesn't work like this. Nothing does. So he gave up. He felt it was better if he lets her do as she pleases and he'll continue with his life as he pleases.

Vihaan found himself at a place where he was before he met Aarohi or precisely before he got married. The one where he had nobody but himself. Where he was alone but had made peace with it. Distant from his own family who were his only people but he had made peace with that as well.

When Aarohi came, she turned his life into something which it never was. And when he decided to stay away from the havoc she brought, it was hard to make peace with it. Why? He didn't know. Maybe it was the constant awareness that there's a person with you ,whom you know, in the same place as yours and you've to act as if that person doesn't exist which made it more difficult; he concluded.

Vihaan tried his best to be unbothered yet he couldn't. He couldn't help but notice the little things about her. He noticed how she used to tap her feet when she was stressed. He noticed how she kept doing some or the other movements with her hands subconsciously whenever she listened to music or was zoned out in her thoughts. He noticed how she would drink water directly from the bottle and would unforgettably leave the half empty bottle on the kitchen counter. He noticed how her face used to crinkle when she saw the dinner every night. He noticed how her mouth twisted in discomfort when she had the food that basically was tasteless according to her. He decided to give up and asked Madhavi Tai to cook normal indian food. She was shocked and asked him if he was joking but when Vihaan kept a straight face and didn't humour her, she understood he was dead serious. Vihaan was surprised later when Madhavi Tai told him that Aarohi asked her not to do that. Vihaan had seen that Aarohi didn't eat as much she needs to because she didn't like the food. That got him worried but he was too adamant to not talk to her so he didn't try to convince her.

Vihaan also noticed her antics. He was entertained but he didn't want to entertain her back by giving his attention and snapping back. He thought she was trying to annoy him and get a reaction because she wanted to prove that he can't keep his word. What else could be the reason? If she wanted to talk, she would have directly done that instead of trying to provoke him. This time he wasn't going to let her win. He was determined.

It felt like the tables have turned. He vividly remembers the first time he saw her but she hardly looked at him. He so desperately wanted her attention and now, it's she who's behaving desperate. Amusing, he thought.

Vihaan had instructed Samar to update about Aarohi and not leave her alone at all costs whenever she was out of the house. Later, Aarohi even started to stare at him unabashedly and as much as Vihaan wanted to stare back and drink in her beautiful features, he didn't.

When Aarohi came to his office and they were supposed to leave, he was surprised. Truthfully, he didn't expect her to come. He had even informed the event manager that there's a fifty-fifty chance of the couple showing up for the photoshoot. He was annoyed when Aarohi said she doesn't want to go. If she didn't want to why did she even come? She could have informed Samar. There isn't any going back now. So he didn't pay any heed to that.

During the photoshoot, Vihaan so badly wanted to tell Aarohi that she doesn't need to be nervous. He wanted to say that she looked ethereal. He wanted to look at her and never look anywhere else. But damn! his stubbornness didn't let him. He was relieved to an extent since there were people who kept engaging with Aarohi and talked to her nicely making her feel comfortable but when she looked into his eyes, it pained him because he could see the hurt flashing in her chocolate brown eyes.