Chapter 25 - Enough!

🎶 Kaun Mera

Published on 16.05.2021

● A U T H O R ●

Vihaan immediately went to open the door on hearing the doorbell ring.

"We're supposed to reach by seven and it's already six thirty!" He shot at Aarohi as soon as he saw her on the other side.

"I know but there was this kid- "

"We can talk about your hospital diaries later on. Go and get ready." He said hurriedly cutting her off.

Aarohi quickly removed her sandals and kept on the shoe rack and rushed to her room after drinking the glass of water handed to her by Vihaan.

Vihaan was wearing a white shirt with a black jacket over it and black jeans. Aarohi came out wearing a black anarkali suit which had gold embroidery. She had left her straight hair open and had applied minimal makeup on her face.

"We're twinning." She said with surprise and he turned to look at her.

Vihaan's eyebrows raised up on instinct. Aarohi always looked pretty to him but she looked prettier today. His eyes trailed over her body observing how perfectly the outfit fitted her frame. Maybe this is what people meant when they said women look extra beautiful in traditional wear.

He frowned when he realized something. "Weren't you supposed to wear saree?"

"I was. But we're already late and if I start wearing a saree, we're gonna be super late." Aarohi explained. "Should I change? Amrit really wanted me to wear a saree today?" She asked with genuine worry, fiddling with her dupatta.

"No, it's okay. You can wear saree some other day. She won't mind. Let's go." Vihaan pacified her and they left.

Throughout the car drive, Aarohi couldn't stop sneaking glances at Vihaan who looked quite classy. The black jacket making him look more charming.

Amrit got her results today and she was the valedictorian of her University. She was pursuing biotechnology and has now completed her masters. So to celebrate her achievement, everyone planned a get together with only family people. Aarohi's family was also invited. Amrit had specifically told, actually begged Aarohi to wear a saree since she had never seen her sister in law in it.

Vihaan and Aarohi reached the mansion and Aarohi quickly got out of the car, straightening up her dress. She shared a nervous look at Vihaan, already feeling anxious of everyone's reaction since they were late. They went inside, walking close beside each other.

Everyone was present. They made their way towards Amrit who was chattering and giggling with two of her friends. Vihaan tapped on her shoulder and she turned. "Bhai, Aarohi," she shrieked in joy.

They hugged her.

"I was waiting for you since past one hour." Amrit complained.

"I had an emergency so I couldn't leave early. I'm sorry." Aarohi apologized holding her hands.

"I think we must leave now." One of the girl spoke. "It's already been three hours."

The girls once again congratulated Amrit and left after exchanging few more words.

Amrit turned and her face fell. "I was looking forward to see you in a saree." She murmured sadly looking at Aarohi.

"Amu, I too wanted to but we were already late. Some other day maybe.." Aarohi looked at Amrit with her gaze soft and her voice tender.

"You should have worn a saree." They heard a voice.

"Aarohi, you should have taken care." Aarohi's mother, Rachna said disappointedly.