Chapter 23 - Blushing

🎶 Tumse Hi Tumse

(Hear this song out from Anjaana Anjaani if you haven't. It's amazing)

Published on 12.05.2021

● A U T H O R ●

The next two weeks passed away in a blink. Vihaan was sure he would've ended up kissing Aarohi if she didn't look away that day. He berated himself for losing himself in the moment. He reprimanded himself for the way his body reacted whenever Aarohi was near him but nothing helped.

Aarohi would be home by seven while he would arrive half an hour or an hour later. They had fallen into a routine. They would go together to jog in the morning, chatting and laughing in each others company or sometimes enjoying the silence which also felt pleasant in each others company. When he would be back, Aarohi would greet him with a smile which always managed to cease away his tension and stress from work. They would discuss their days during dinner and before retiring to sleep, they would spend time in the balcony where Vihaan would sip his black coffee and Aarohi would sip her ginger tea which Vihaan prepared.

The best part of this was they would hug each other before going to their respective rooms to sleep comfortably.

Vihaan had almost believed that what his life was for four years, deserted and awfully peaceful was his normal and hence, whatever he feels now feels magical. He had someone who he looked forward to see when he returned home. He had someone with whom he can spend his mornings, someone whose presence itself made him forget the problems of this chaotic world.

He never knew that his thoughts were constricting him until he shared them with Aarohi. He never realized how his grudge against his own sister was making life difficult for him. He did held resentment against her. But letting these feelings go and accepting that what's done is done felt so much better. He didn't know any of these until now. He decided to go with the flow and live in the moment, appreciating the beauty of the present. His sister was safe and happy, had a family and he was happy for her. That's all that matters.

Aarohi didn't advice him anything unlike what others do. She just showed him the mirror. She patiently listened to him with the intent of listening, not with the intent of passing some judgement or giving him a life advise. That is exactly what he needed. She had a lame way of making him feel better but it did work.

Vihaan liked Aarohi. He had no doubts about it. Technically he should stop himself from falling deeper and stay away but curse him because he doesn't want to. She was beautiful and who doesn't want to fall for beautiful things!? They didn't have to verbalize that they were friends now, good friends actually. But he wished and hoped that they could be something more someday. She made him laugh without much effort, she brought his playful side in front and even though she would irritate and tease him, he adored how real and honest she was.

It was Sunday and Aarohi was looking forward to spend time with Vihaan but her plan was crushed when he said he has to go to work for an important meeting scheduled at ten am. Needless to say, her mood wasn't the brightest after that.

But Aarohi wasn't the one who liked to sit back and sulk.

Aarohi asked Madhavi Tai to prepare Baingan ka Bharta and chapati and pack them in a tiffin. She came to know that Baingan ka Bharta was Vihaan's favorite through Smriti. She had decided to take lunch for him. Her subconscious teased her saying how wifely this looks but she shut it off and decided not to overthink. Overthinking can wait.

Aarohi entered VedHaan through the familiar gates. She walked up to the receptionist who was busy in a call.

"I want to meet Mr Vihaan Agarwal." She said in a small voice when she saw the receptionist ending the call.