Chapter 19 - Care

🎶 Haan Tum Ho

Published on 04.05.2021

● A U T H O R ●

"Is she okay?"

"She's fine now."

"I'm coming right away. Just few minutes."

With that, Vihaan hung up the call and dashed out of his office without paying any heed to the eyes that were turned in his direction in complete puzzlement. He took his private elevator and got to the ground floor. He rushed past the entrance and headed towards his car. Most of the times, he used to drive by himself. He called Saket only when he needed.

Vihaan's breath almost stopped when he got a call from MG hospital where the nurse told him that Aarohi had fainted. He couldn't form coherent words. Fear gripped him. It only subsided when the nurse continued and said that Aarohi was fine and conscious now. He didn't waste a minute and left his office to get to her.

On reaching the hospital, he immediately enquired about the ward where Aarohi was and made his way towards it.

The moment he saw her sitting on the bed with a scowl on her face, he can't describe the relief he felt. He rushed past the door and hugged her tightly by bending down. Aarohi couldn't register what just happened. But she knew who the person was when the familiar body heat engulfed her. She was startled but when his grip got tighter, she hugged him back. He was scared and she could feel it so she started rubbing his back with her hand slowly in an attempt to calm him.

After what felt like ages, he freed her from his hold and exhaled a deep breath that he didn't know he was holding back.

"God! Aarohi, you scared me." He said, still trying to control his uneven breathing.

"How did you come here?" She asked in confusion.

He thought for a while, looking at her with an undescribable emotion. "By a jet." He said animatedly earning a grimace from her.

"My fault." She kept a hand over her chest. "Let me form my question again. How did you know that something happened to me?"

"I informed him." The nurse chirped.

Vihaan hadn't even noticed that there was a third person in the room and Aarohi seemed to have forgotten her existence the moment Vihaan came in.

"You asked me to call Kiara through your phone but she didn't pick up. So I called your husband."

"What happened to her?" Vihaan asked, giving his complete attention to the nurse.

"Nothing serious. She just fell unconscious because of stress and low blood pressure. She also has slight fever but the doctor has given her the medications so she's fine now." The nurse informed.

"You shouldn't have come to work if you weren't feeling well." Vihaan said to Aarohi disappointedly.

"Also, it seems she has been stressed and hasn't been eating well recently so take care of that." The nurse told Vihaan before attending Aarohi. "And you need to keep yourself hydrated."

"I know that." Aarohi gritted. "I'm also a doctor so you don't need to brief me about how I need to take care of myself, Rashmi."

"You know but you don't practice. Hence, I asked your husband to do the needful." Rashmi grinned. "And Mr Vihaan, this is the prescription," she said forwarding the piece of paper, "and she has been granted a three day sick leave including today. I must go now."

"Thank you so much." Vihaan acknowledged.

Aarohi scoffed.

Vihaan scratched his neck. He was to be blamed for all this, wasn't he? It was because of him she was stressed. It was because of him she wasn't eating well. It was because of him she was upset and it was because of him that she was hurt.