Chapter 41 - New York

🎶 Sunlo Zara

Published on 11.11.2021

● A U T H O R ●

Aarohi let the cool breeze graze her skin as she stood in the balcony with crossed arms in his white tee waiting for the sun to rise. She heard the ruffling of the sheets and a small smile crept on her face knowing that he had woken up. Vihaan ran a hand through his hair and an inaudible sigh escaped his lips as he watched her. It felt as if she belonged right in the moment wrapped in serenity, adorned by the soft morning hues and he wondered if it was possible to fall for her more than he already has. Her wavy hair trailed along her back and his tee was oversized for her lithe frame but he never loved the colour white as much as he did now seeing her draped in it.

Vihaan walked over to her in his boxers with the duvet and covered both of them with it as he embraced her from back. Aarohi without any complaint rested her head against his bare chest and clutched his arm as both silently looked at the sunrise and basked in the warmth.

"Good morning," Vihaan whispered in her ear and planted a feathery kiss on her temple.

"Good morning indeed." She grinned in response. "So what's the plan for today?" Her eyes sparkled with enthusiasm although he couldn't see it.

"Ah! I'm tired." He drawled lazily, hugged her tighter and nuzzled his face into the nook of her neck.

"Vihaan!" She groaned, frustrated because she didn't want him to stop but then she had to.

"What?" He pulled back. "Not my fault that you wore me out last night." He shrugged innocently.

Aarohi's jaw dropped. After a good two seconds of shock, she nudged him hard in his ribs and it was his time to groan but in pain.

"Abuser!" He whined.

"Shut up!" She snapped and turned around to face him, the duvet falling around their feet. "We're leaving tomorrow so we just have today to tour the city and I don't want to waste any time. If you aren't coming just tell me, I'll go alone," she said casually, "and stop starting every morning with an argument. It's annoying." She threw her hands in air dramatically.

Vihaan looked at her, amused. "Look, who's talking about arguments." He mocked and rolled his eyes playfully.

Aarohi's face burned in embarassment still she managed to glare at him which to her utmost despair didn't manage to faze him a bit. She shoved him aside and started to make her way towards the washroom.

"Freshen up. I'll order the breakfast by then." He changed the topic and watched as she walked away swaying her hips. "Oh and by the way," he called out and she stopped in her tracks but didn't turn back. "My shirt looks better on you. You can keep it."

Aarohi turned her head to look at him. "It already became mine the moment I put it on." She winked at him and walked out.

Vihaan stood rooted in his place with a sheepish smile and shook his head.