Chapter 33 - Missing

🎶 Tu Jaane Naa Cover - Siddharth Khanna

(I heard this cover version today itself and I'm already obsessed)

Published on 22.06.2021

● A U T H O R ●

Aarohi was standing in the balcony alone with the mug in her hand, intently staring down at the black liquid in it. Vihaan had called her an hour back to inform that he had safely reached Frankfurt and was now heading towards the hotel accompanied by couple of men who had gathered to pick him up. Aarohi mouthed a take care and wished him best of luck for tomorrow's launch before hanging up the call. She tilted her head to the left and then to the right, her gaze fixed at the content inside the mug as if trying to figure out the world's deepest secret. Inhaling sharply, she brought the mug to her lips and took a sip.

And she regretted it.

She grimaced at the bitter taste and stuck her tongue out. "How does he even drink this black coffee daily?" She shrieked and scrunched up her nose.

She admits that she misses Vihaan, a lot maybe and it's not even a day. She missed his company, the way he used to glare at her when she said something sarcastic to him, the way he would rebuke her on the dining table over food, the way he would laugh when she would say something funny and then laugh even more when she would make a fool out of herself. She missed holding his hand and playing with his fingers, she missed how he used to randomly say something that would make her heart skip a beat and she missed the warmth that she felt when he was near her.

"This tastes so bad and he has it every night?!" She wondered to herself walking towards the railing. Having black coffee was her weird silly way to feel that he's close even when he's not and then there was no one except her so who would judge or question her behavior? It was safe. "He really has no taste," she looked up at the dark sky. "His favorite colour is black. He eats tasteless food and his favorite beverage is this bitter black coffee," Aarohi scoffed.

" I've fallen for you and that's the truth."

She remembered his words from last night and shook her head. "He said he- he likes me." A small smile stretched across her face. "That means he chose me. That's a good choice," she murmured and then chuckled. "Maybe he isn't that tasteless. In some matters, yes, but in some, not." She said to herself and then frowned, wondering if she's making any sense right now or not.

She looked over at the vast city spread in front of her, crowded with vehicles which looked as yellow spots from top. Her gaze dropped to the ground and she started wondering about the height and depth. "If I fall from here would I die or just break some bones?" She furrowed her brows thoughtfully. "Maybe I'll just break my skull. But in that case, I'm surely going to die unless some miracle happens. Breaking of bones seems like a better option, atleast, I'll survive." Suddenly as if she got hit by the realization, she stepped back, away from the railing with her eyes widened in disbelief. "Why the fuck are you having suicidal thoughts? Idiot!" She chastised herself, feeling extremely stupid. "Is it because of you?" She asked, looking at the coffee skeptically.

You have just taken a sip till now duh!

Her subconscious reminded her and she pursed her lips in annoyance. "If someone hears you, they'll definitely get you admitted in a mental asylum or take you to a therapist," she whispered to herself. Her eyes fell on the wedding ring on her finger. "It's all because of you Vihaan!" Aarohi blamed. "It's because of you that I'm feeling so irritated, it's because of you that I can't think straight and it's because of you that I'm standing in the balcony alone and drinking this stupid black coffee." She complained looking at the ring as if the source of all her problems was focussed there.