Home Again Home Again(1747)

Todoroki's POV:

The sound of light rain gently pattered in my ears as I slowly opened my eyes.

I was...wrapped in an...aluminum foil blanket?

To my right, Midoriya was leaning on my shoulder, sound asleep and also wrapped in similar attire.

I looked around groggily.

We were in a limo, and from the looks of it, one from our school.

But why? And what time was it? And who was driving?

All these questions were starting to overwhelm my brain. I just wanted to go back to sleep.

I hadn't realized, though, that I was unconsciously tapping my foot, which seemed to awake Midoriya.

"Nmmm..." he sleepily grumbled, looking up as a sudden surprise widened his eyes.

"You're awake?" He stared in shock as his head lifted quickly away from my shoulder.

"Yes. And sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." I quietly apologized.

"No no you're fine." He assured sleepily.

"Also uh..." he looked away, wiping his lips, "s-sorry for drooling."

"You're fine." I quickly added.

Marry me please.

"What even are you doing awake? You should be asleep mister." Midoriya scolded, switching subjects.

"I was just about to. Don't worry. Can I ask whats going on first?"

"Were on our way back to the dorms." He sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness." I said.

"I know right?! I need a vacation from our vacation." Midoriya cried.

"You cant even call whatever that was a vacation." I said.

"Exactly!" He agreed.

We sat in silence for a moment, illfully remembering our week at Yaoyorozu's.

"So..." Midoriya trailed, looking at what seemed to be my chin, not meeting my gaze.

"You're thinking about our talk in the kitchen tonight. I can see it in your face."

"How'd you know." Midoriya gasped.

"Lucky guess."

"Mhm." He said, skeptical.

"Sooo...what were you talking about in the cave? Y'know, when I was asleep apparently." I cringed, thinking about how I had accidentally ignored him.

"Oh yeah! So I had uhh...I had...uhh...said some things..." Midoriya blushed, still not looking me in the eyes.

"Like?"

"Well...uhhh..." He faltered, dropping his gaze down to the floor.

"Hey hey hey." I said, putting my hand under his chin and lifting it.

"If you told me once, surely you can tell me again." I encouraged him.

"I...I guess..." Midoriya said, finally looking at me.

"Well...I kinda...I kinda had confessed to you." Midoriya laughed awkwardly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

Confessed what?

"I confessed...

my feelings." He finally finished.