What Friends are For (1752)

Better find a comfy spot to read cause BOY is this a long one, with more twists than a garlic knot >:O

Midoriya's POVp

I held onto Todoroki as we crashed into the bush. What was going on? Foot steps? A weird rope? Were we saved? Or were we taken out of the only environment we were familiar with, giving us a disadvantage to whoever just managed to extract us. "Told you I wouldnt let go." whispered Todoroki.

I was completey flat against him, and my face was buried in his chest. He was so warm. I felt like I could lay here forever. "Thank you." I whispered back, letting go of his sides and propping myself up with my arms on his chest.

He grabbed both my wrists before I could get up, accidentally making me straddle him again. "Midoriya, wait-"RIBBIT."

I poked my head out the bush to see Asui and Uraraka crouched outside of it. "Are you alright, ribbit." Tsu asked. I nodded my head as Todoroki removed his hold on my wrists, the two of us getting up and out the bush.

"We need to keep moving." Uraraka said as we all headed deep into the topiary.

The hail got worse, the pellets of ice being as large as marbles. We held our arms over our heads as we moved through the greenery, Asui explaining what had happened as we walked.

"While we were baking, Ochaco took a short bathroom break ribbit. She came back pale as a ghost, and screamed, saying something was following her." Asui explained.

"Tsu quickly wrapped her tongue around me and flung me threw the window once she heard the footsteps approaching, shortly following behind me. We were about to run away when we heard you guys come through the kitchen. The flash of lightning helped Tsu aim as she scooped you all out with her tongue as well!" Uraraka said happily.

If it werent for them, we wouldve been left in the hands of whoever was in the manor. "Thank you." I appreciated with a smile, even though none of us could barely see anything. "What time is it Ochaco?" Tsu asked. "7:00."

"Its getting late," Todoroki started, "we need to find the others, or atleast some shelter. Were all going to get sick if we stay out here too long anyway."

He was right. I was started to get a headache from the relentless attack of hail, and my toes and fingers were so cold that they were starting to lose feeling. It didnt help that I was unconcious twice prior, once from a blunt blow to the face and the other from a nose bleed.

I started to stutter in my step and almost fell forward, Todoroki grabbing me by the bicep and lifting me back up. "I should carry you." He flatly stated, stopping and causing the rest of our party to do the same. "With all the injuries you sustained, you should rest as much as possible." He informed.

"Im fine." I said, politely declining his offer. "Im not taking no for an answer." He said, walking towards me and grabbing me by the back of my thighs.

"AHA TODOROKI ITS FINE!" I exclaimed, pushing on his chest, but it was no use. He promptly picked me up, supporting my weight with two hands under my butt!

I blushed profusely, burrying my face into his neck as I wrapped my arms arounds him. Did he really have to carry me so that our front sides were pressed up against eachother?! If we were ever to run like this, hed be practically thrusting into my butt with his-

I blushed at the thought.

"Before you protest," he started yet again, "this is the most efficient carry for our situation. By carrying you like this we are able to look at the direction of eachothers backs, which allows us to both protect eachothers blindspots, creating almost a full 360 view of everything going on around us."