Calm Before the Storm (1979)

THIS WAS SOOOO LONG so you better find another comfy spot. NO SPOLERS AHAHAH NOW READ HOES. Also I changed up the formatting of the titles to where the paranthetical numbers are the word count.

Todoroki's POV

I sat down next to Midoriya as we both awkwardly looked at the tv in front of us, which was off ._.

"Soooooo..." He started, "Im guessing by the quickness of your response to meet that you werent getting much sleep either."

So perceptive.

"The bed is rather uncomfortable." I stated.

Quietness followed.

Should I initiate the conversation? What would I say? Where would I even begin?

"I think we should just cut to the point." Midoriya said, finally breaking the silence.

"Agreed."

"So earlier on the phone I was trying to explain to you that what you heard back in the game room was wayyy out of context!"

The game room? What about the game room.

"Im not following?"

"When I said what I said I didnt mean what it seemed like it meant."

What a mouthful.

I bet I could fill his m-

"Midoriya what exactly are you talking about?" I said through gritted teeth, pinching myself to stop thinking so ludely.

"Heh..?" He awkwardly smiled, a little intimidated.

"I apologize. Im not mad at you I promise." I said unconvincingly, scooting closer next to him.

"Why do you looked so annoyed?"

"I was just thinking about something. Its honestly nothing. Can we get back on topic please."

"O-ofcourse," he started, scooting away a little,

Oof.

"so...uhm...basically I guess we're not exactly on the same page. So you're saying you didn't hear anything in the game room before you left?"

What the hell was he talking about.

"No..?" I raised my eyebrow. What gave him such an impression?

"Well then why'd you leave Todoroki? Were you not upset with me?" He inquired, clenching the sheets as tears gathered at the edge of his eyes.

"Midoriya ofcourse not. I would never be upset with you. I thought you were upset with me? Was I not pestering you, even going as far as to burning you?"

"Y-yes, but like, no!" He stuttered. "I mean, Im not mad at you! Ofcourse not! Why would I be?!" He frantically said, scooting closer.

"I cant believe this." I smirked a little. He wasnt mad at me. Midoriya wasnt mad at me in the slightest.

"We shouldve talked a lot sooner hot stuff." He laughed, punching my shoulder before immediately going red in the face.

"SORRY SORRY I MEANT TODOROKI!" He yelled, throwing himself face down onto a pile of pillows.

"Youre fine." I lit up, turning away and staring ahead.

After another moment of silence, I felt a little too bold.

Should I ask him for a hug? He wouldnt mind, would he? Our lips could brush, we could kiss. Even...

"H-hey Midoriya?" I asked, my voice accidentally cracking in the process.