Untitled Part 43 Not THE END

Chapter 43

Not THE END

"And I thought it was The End"

"You forgot you had unfinished business?" Kathie smiled pushing the tablet to his mouth but failing to give the water to him to swallow and drenching him instead.

"Not again" the nurse huffed "why don't you let us do our job?" she said angrily.

"Don't worry" another pretty looking nurse intervened; Kathie had read her name Gini "I'll manage" she winked at John.

Why did she look at the name Gini? And not Uhhh." Kathie paused reading "Elma"

Because Gini had been ogling her not so called boyfriend since the day he was hospitalized.

"NO need Gini" Kathie said louder than, cut that much louder than usual "Elma is here for the same" Kathie gritted her teeth angrily.

"It's her job too" Elma yelled but Kathie ignored her dusting invisible dust from John's bed "Gini Dr. Romi was asking for you." Kathie addressed her sweetly. Although Kathie had nothing to do with Dr. Romi but in her weeks stay here with John she had overheard couple of nurses gossiping about the new intern Romi who was hot, good looking and talk of all the young nurses.

She could see blush appear on Gini's cheek as smile graced hers with the lies.

Gini immediately left for Dr. Romi.

"You okay honey?" Kathie asked once grumbling Elma left the room

"Just want to go home" John said trying to stretch but was too weak to do so.

Kathie fake smiled "home" she caressed his hair "we'll soon go home"

"You know I still do not remember where I used to live before..." John said sadly.

"Silly you lived with me and Henry" Danny entered with a small bouquet of flowers.

"That's sweet" Kathie took the flowers from Danny and shouted "Ouccch"

John simply shrugged

Danny too lifted his shoulders casually "cant help with accidents. Do you?" he teased.

"It was the splinter of stem" Kathie showed the dot of blood that was caused due to tiny splinter "I will wash my hands and come"

"So they are discharging you," he said excitedly.

"I am not coming at yours" John said immediately "I cannot impose any further"

"You don't have to" Henry entered cleaning his glasses "D has arranged a guest house for you."

"I don't know if I will be able to pay for the rent." John said meekly " They haven't visited ..."

Kathie knew he was asking about D and Hailey and she denied sadly "No. But you have me"

She rubbed his shoulders "Danny, Henry, Patrick"

"Lizzie" Danny added earning a smack from Kathie

"I was kidding." Danny defended himself "but seriously you think she is a threat?"

"John still needs her phone." Kathie shrieked

"That is important" Henry commented making all others in the room laugh.

"Is Hailey alright?" John asked worried "She was infected too"

"I don't know" Kathie shrugged "haven't heard from them since."