Chapter 34 Badass Cynthia!

Chapter 35

Badass Cynthia 

Things were now making sense.

John took all the stuff he had and started assessing them.

Both Kathie and Danny had left to their respective works

"I'd leave too" John had said.

"No you can stay for howsoever long you want to." Kathie offered.

"But your parents?"

"They won't be back till late evening" Kathie assured "even then you can stay in my room."

John reluctantly followed Kathie in her room.

He debated going to D"s place but he was comfortable working here and all the laptop and internet connection that Kathie had was ridiculously fast.

He could use that.

John opened the Wikipedia to learn about Olympic games.

He feared that the bigger than twin tower attack was going to be lethal.

But if they were targeting such a global festival of sports he wondered how much vile they were.

He felt his shoulders hunching, the weight to stop something like that was heavily falling on his shoulders.

Strangely he missed Cynthia

He listed down certain facts of the games to be Held at Japan, he circled and highlighted Japan

Starts on 24th July 2020 to 9th August 2020

Estimated expenditure 3.67billion USD

Special rail lines constructed from Tokyo station and airport to Narita cutting travel time to half.

26 venues for 41 sports including football were selected.

But which venue would they select or will it be all of them, John was petrified of the thought.

Drones completely banned

204680 volunteers were registered.

He needed that copy of registration.

He was sure some of the terrorists might have applied.

Could he shortlist names of the suspected ones, obviously he might end up targeting innocent volunteers but it would be worth a try.

He then checked Ayoka's stuff if he could find any such list.

He uncovered the book, tried to tear open the hard bound cover but found nothing.

Then he noticed the pen. He broke it open to find a pen drive. He quickly inserted the pen drive into the computer and hallelujah he had the list ready.

Some names were already highlighted; actually they were all the non-Japanese names

But they were plenty of them.

He wasn't even sure if they made it to volunteering.

He checked Ayoka's details on social website which showed her a lively girl who worked in a recruitment office.

He knew that wasn't true.

She was an agent of her country.

Since the security of the country was enhanced, she was selected to make sure that the event went progressively and successfully without any security hazards.

He tried to remember why he met Ayoka at first place. He does remember proposing her and somehow he was embarrassed but Cynthia was encouraging him to do it.