Chapter 6 Merry Christmas

Chapter 6

Merry Christmas

John shot on his feet, he knew he was attacked, knife had pierced his heart and he might not live

But consider it a reflex action that he had immediately sprung on feet, tackled the intruder and now had his arms around his neck, his elbow holding the frail neck hostage in his arms..

"Stop stop.. mhumnoyts rthei who" he gurgled, his voice muffled in the tight grip that had made him breathless.

"What is happening here?" Danny was now walking down the steps in his shorts and some funnily printed tee half asleep scratching the forthcoming non-existing beard on his face.

"Rave what are you doing?" he asked and then when he noticed the compromising position she was in he shouted "John why are you manhandling her?"

"Trying ... h uh" she was barely able to talk with the strong arm around her neck

John let her loose immediately "I was trying to have some fun" she said as she rubbed her neck, her eyes accused at John "thought my $exdrive was back and thought I'd play some prank on him." She looked at John evilly "Darn what do you have for breakfast iron millets instead of cereals?"

And then she gave a once over to John and she did like what she saw "where did this eye candy come from?" the fifty year old lady with bob cut hair dressed in dark loose jeans, a sleeveless colorful sweater hiding the fact that she'd been a beautiful curvy girl earlier enquired "and where is your old man?"

The female was talkative, John had concluded.

"Damn I thought he was back and I" she picked the knife that had fallen on the floor and started poking her palm with it "I wanted to see if his heart was really that weak or had healed with all the tiny pieces that look more like colorful goat shit that they call medicines, the doctors are feeding him there.

John did not get the humor of her words and realized that the knife was a gimmick and the blade entered back into the holder once pushed.

No wonder he wasn't hurt although the knife was poked right on the left of his chest.

"You are really something Rave" Danny said. "No My old man is not coming home for another couple of weeks"

"Why? I thought he had the surgery done" Rave was very disappointed.

"The tests showed some infection in his kidney. So the doctors want him to stay and get himself treated before starting getting back to his $ex life" he teased Rave who blushed like a teenager.

"Aren't you a naughty li'l thwart" she pinched Danny's cheeks, which he didn't like much as he distanced himself immediately but the smile was intact on his face.

John realized that he liked her

"Okay I will leave you guys to be" Rave couldn't help the yawn that escaped her mouth "I will leave and you" she pointed at John "Mr. Hottie. I guess you are the tenant that Henry wanted to rent to. I will introduce myself tomorrow." She walked back only to turn and say "Dan tell your dad I miss him" she passed another yawn before finally taking the exit.

" She is dad's friend. I mean they have special relationship that benefits them." Danny tried to explain.

"I understand" John said, "I am glad that you are okay with it."

"Why wont I be?" Danny shrugged "I am proud of his active $exlife." He smirked "inspires me"

"Be careful" John pats on his shoulders before lying down on the cushiony sofa for his much needed sleep.