Chapter 24 Shelter Home

A/N: please reread the last paragraph of Chapter 23 first

sorry for inconvenience

Chapter 24 

Shelter Home

~~~~~Danny~~~~~

Danny was cursing at himself. He should have fought harder but he needs more training he thought.

He however stood up wiped the blood from his slit lip and started walking towards the shelter home John had shouted even though he was about to be absconded

He remembers vividly "Go to shelter home. You'll be safe there."

"But why would he be in danger?" Another contradicting thought that crossed his mind was "why was John abducted if he doesn't remember anything. Probably they were the human traffickers taking revenge since John sent a huge blow to their business.'

Danny knew that there was grave danger even if he went to the rescue home but he wanted to.

John had asked him to tie up with Sarah and be very careful.

"Keep a low profile and eyes open." Danny remembered John had advised Sarah when he narrated his entire journey post memory loss to him. He was glad that John trusted him and shared a part of his life with him.

Danny wasn't sure so far what he wanted to do with his life. He now realized that his father as always right "you always want to stay in my shadow and get spoon fed" his father would taunt him.

But no more.

Danny had picked a path, a mission to help all the people whom John had rescued.

He did not know how but he had to give to the society and he would put his best foot forward.

He entered the building as if it was a ground covered with mines. He took each step cautiously and nervously as if there were group of people ready to attack him any point of time.

The staff of the shelter home found it natural and thought that he was nervous because it was a new place for him and he was homeless for the first time.

The warden did seem a little skeptical to let him in when he saw his branded shoes and glowing cheeks but Danny's teary-eyed narration about his mother's eloping and father's disownment towards him made him take pity on him or if it was something else.

Danny had goosebumps all over his body when he stared at him from top to bottom like he was meat.

He'd mentioned that he was gay yet the looks..

It felt weird.

He called someone from the intercom and a young girl appeared "attend to him, show him around and show the room." He commanded. The young girl wordlessly with a nod preceded Danny when the warden called "make him comfortable."

Danny ignored the uncanny feeling and tried to settle into the small room that he had to share with some Mexican lad who had bunched up in the corner in front of only window in the room.'

The fifteen-year-old guy looked lonely and sad. And there was another African guy who looked much younger but was very shy. He dug himself into his book that he was reading with utmost concentration.

Danny was smartly taking pictures of the entire shelter home slowly and discreetly.

He thought it would help him study the place accurately. Incase the need arises

"I want to volunteer and help with the chores" Danny offered the sweet spoken girl. She was only 20 but was smart and confident.

"Can you use computers?" the girl asked.