Chapter 22 Who Are You?

Chapter 22

Who Are You?

"What do you mean?" Danny shouted, "he cannot stay here?"

"This is my house and I have the right to decide who stays." Henry who had already washed and scrubbed his hands twice and was using some fragrant sterilizer now, some pink liquid that he had picked from hospital since they already charged for it though they didn't use it for him.

Well don't be shocked he actually narrated the stuff or spoke in his series of non-stop conversation.

Danny who was used to his blabbering kept on fake yawning and filtered listening as he kept on blabbering "I went for few days, I went to hospital, I wasn't dead, I thought you were exceling in one thing finally, the shop was doing good not that I wasn't shocked, you haven't done one thing worth appreciation in life and when you blabbered about your new recruit, I thought may be you have learnt something from me. Maybe you wouldn't score that bad in life. Maybe you'll live a fairly decent life, not like me though but a little bit here and there. That works fine with me and if you want me to be proud of you, you have to do better than that. And recruiting someone is different thing and being benevolent enough to offer him lodging in different. I condemn it and I completely disagree. He is not staying here, not in my house." Henry did not pause to breath and John noticed though he was tired but the adrenaline he had to teach his son another chapter of life where he shouldn't trust and help strangers made him go on. Or probably he was characterized like this.

John didn't care but only when henry looked at him and commanded "YOU."

John turned around to check if he was actually addressing him. He even pointed at himself. Henry triumphantly said, "yes I am talking to you. Come on pack your bags and leave."

John was stunned and snubbed. He did not know what to do.. He looked at Danny who was busy eyeing his headphone that John had noticed now were left on the center table. John wondered if everything was aright since Danny left the house without his white jumbo earphones.

John was sure he took them along to the washroom even while he pooped.

One of the reasons John never laid a hand on them.

Germs always eewed him!

John now noticed Danny's eyes were rimmed red. Was he that happy that his father is back? He wasn't the kind to show off emotions.

Then...

John thought of not imposing himself on the family of two and picked his clothes that were hanging on the rope and filled them in the plastic bag without even folding making trying to make it as fast as possible.

"Now would you stop playing statue and welcome your father with coffee or something?' Henry addressed Danny for the first time and as if breaking from the trance Danny looked at henry "yes why not John makes excellent coffee." He addressed John now "John make it extra creamy and extra sweet and yes no sugar for dad."

"Were you even listening when I was talking?" Henry asked irritated.

"I stopped listening to you since she left." John noticed the venom in Danny's voice for the first time since his stay there.

A thick silence harder than to be cut with a knife invaded the room. John felt he'd be choked with the tension the father son duo had in the room.

"I loved her," Henry mumbled. John could feel the pain in his voice.

"You had a very strange way of showing it." Danny looked square in Henry's eyes as he mentioned those words.

John felt something amiss. This wasn't the Danny he'd been staying with all the while. Was it his dad bringing the worst in him?