Chapter 29 Eiffel Tower Attack

Chapter 29

Eiffel Tower Attack

"Damn it!" John kicked his feet on the floor frustrated at his delay "why did you get involved with those fighters." He was more worried about his buddy than furious. So he shouted, "You only train with me. You aren't a pro"

"Will you stop yelling and follow the ambulance?" Danny said even more angrily.

"Right yea" John said sheepishly.

He looked round and when he found nothing he picked up a beat up truck and jumped on the drivers seat.

"Will you come or you have to show some more of your fighting skills?" It was John now who shouted at Danny

Danny too jumped on the truck besides John.

"Hurry up now" Danny said when he found John wasn't moving.

"There isn't ignition key hole" John shouted panicked.

"Never heard of a truck being an automatic vehicle," Danny stated earning a glare from John

When John noticed the ambulance out of sight from the empty highway he quickly picked two wires from below the steering and rubbed them together, the engine immediately roared to life followed by a hard jerk and there was silence.

John repeated the process and started the huge vehicle.

Once swift reverse and the truck was on the road with its full speed.

John drove through the highway with no sign or clue of the ambulance

Miles through the empty streets when John could not see the ambulance, he was worried.

"You have gps navigator in your mobile?" John asked Danny.

"I do" Danny said opening the application of his mobile

They might have drove miles together and just when John was about to lose hope and start the gps navigator of Danny's mobile when he noticed the ambulance parked at the entrance of the gas station.

John immediately took to the left of the road behind the ambulance and walked towards the ambulance.

He opened the doors of the ambulance only to be attacked by four men with knives in their hands.

Danny and John tried to fight them but it was a losing battle when Jabber stepped in between with a gun aimed right at the center of John's head between his brows.

John closed his eyes waiting for the inevitable.

John wasn't scared of his death but he was disappointed at himself for dying before saving the little children.

Faces of the tiny tots flashed in front of his closed eyes and he decided he wouldn't succumb so easily.

He opened his eyes and gave a hard kick on the groin of Jabber.

Immediately the gun shot was heard.

John looked in front of his shirt for the blood.

But neither did he feel the pain nor was he bleeding.

Then he felt heavy weight dropping on his chest.

Jabber fell on him and his hands stained with blood when he tried to balance Jabber.
Few more shots were fired. Kids screamed but John went to them holding them in his arms.

Danny joined him too as he saw bodies of all the men who were attacking them lying on the ground.

"Okay so the kids are safe, the shelter home is safe too and under police surveillance." D said, "Now can we get back to business."