Chapter 33 Evidences in Bag

Chapter 34

Evidencies In Bag

"Hi" John was hesitant "I am...

"John" the girl seemed excited "Come in. we have been expecting you."

"You know me?' he asked.

"Ayoka' she took her name sadly "she told us about you."

"How do you know Ayoka?" John asked and then faint remembrance hit him "you are her sister Sakura?"

He mentally patted himself for remembering it in such a quick instance; must be Dr. Markle's therapy he thought

"I am sorry for your loss." John said.

"I am sorry for you too" Sakura said honestly "you two weren't married for long Akora was happy when she said she married you. But I am still disappointed that you guys eloped, didn't even inform me, I might have given you blessings."

John knew exactly why Ayoka did not inform her sister or any of the family members but he kept his mouth shut.

"Wait a minute" Sakura said as she left him in the well-lit room "here's something she wanted you to have."

"How did Ayoka?" John asked.

"Road accident" Sakura cried "some reckless truck driver"

"I wasn't there for her" John said trying to put in al the emotions

"She was in Intensive care unit for days. One day she asked me to take this bag form your cupboard and hand it over to you. Same day doctors said she was improving.' When I went to the hospital next morning Doctors said she was no more." She cried bitterly now.

John patted on her shoulders, he found himself grieving at the death of a brave officer.

"Can I go to her room?" he asked. He wanted to go through her stuff, find something that could help him.

"I am afraid there's nothing left in her room. They took it all away." Sakura sniffed "Fortunately I had picked this bag a day before or they would have taken this too.

"who took away her stuff?" he asked

"her company officers" she was still sniffing her tears

"But why didn't you object?" John asked disappointed. He'd spent a lot of money traveling here. It'll all go waste if he didn't get any clue

"We tried " Sakura cried "mom was worried dad had mild stroke and then it was so sudden." She nodded her head "they said it was company's property".

John was not giving up yet "can I spend sometime in the room? I want to remember old days." He requested.

"Mom and dad would have liked you" Sakura said "but they went back to Japan."

"Why did you stay?" John couldn't help but ask.

"Because Ayoka took a promise that I'd personally deliver this to you."

John looked at the bag and then at Sakura "it was her last wish. I had to do it." Sakura stated as she led her to Ayoka's room.

John remembered the room that was decorated with plain wooden wardrobes just like the ones from cheap hotels, a simple teak study table he remembered the presence of a laptop which was missing and few Colorful Japanese lights which were still there and were the only highlight of the dull room.

"Can I get some privacy?" John asked after some time.

"I understand" Sakura said sympathetically and left him alone.