Chapter 3 Mistaken Identity

Dedicated to MozibulMilon for being the first one to comment on the story

special thanks to priyankachhabra

Chapter 3

Mistaken Identity

He thought he'd finally bumped into someone who could help him or rather help his financial condition.

He might have lost his memory but he knew normally people reward others who save their children with cash or kind.

Though this Tom guy was pretty helpful but he was an extremely busy man. He was continuously on his phone on the way to the police station where they filed in regular details about the attempt of abduction.

He'd already cracked the fact that the kidnapper was the employee of Mr. Tom and since he did not pay him advance money to treat his ailing mother he had to take extreme steps.

Although it saddened him to learn that Richard, the mask guy was only looking to help his sick mother however the measures he adopted to kidnap the small child actually deserved punishment.

So a police complaint was filed and appropriate legal procedures were followed.

Mr. Tom took a quick exit while all the procedures were followed, he rather had to wait and give his testament and the summary of the entire incident.

Mrs. Tom too left early to get her child assessed by her pediatrician.

So all was left with him was his lack of identity.

Well that was silly because the cops had already named him John

"But why John?" he'd asked.

"Oh" laughed the bold officer, his beer belly jumping up and down with the motion "it is a common name. Most of the men here named are John." The assistant in mid forties said "even we have three Johns in our department." laughed again. "Today we even found a dead in the dumps and his name was guess John" he patted on his shoulders "so you know most parents like to name their kid John"

But now named as John he himself didn't find any humor in it.

"Can I leave now?" Now John asked.

"Yes you may" the officer said "but you will have to report us whenever we call you." writing on his board he added "we might need you somewhere during further investigation"

"Sure thing" John said though he very well knew that there was no way these cops could contact him.

He himself didn't know where he was going to be after he left the police station.

But he couldn't waste any more time there so he left quietly.

"Wait John" the round assistant called again and John actually cringed at the thought of coming to the police station daily since he did not have any contact number

"Mr. Tom left this card for you" he handed the card to John "he said you can visit him anytime you want."

John dully thanked the officer not sure if he'd ever want to take Tom's help and made a run like his tail was rested on burning hot coal.

He didn't want them to remember that they did not have his contact details.

Turning the black matt finished card with golden initials John now felt bad for himself that he wished for a reward for saving a child's life.

Feeling guilty of his inner conscience he shrugged his head and left.

Wandering around the streets of the unknown city John tried each and every store be it grocery or cosmetic or the local diner wherever he could locate the vacancy sign.