Chapter 23 Open Up

Chapter 23

Open up

John felt huge weight lifted off his shoulders but he did not think that he might lose his only friend while speaking his heart out.

They were doing so well.

Even though he was attracted towards him and he did not dare admit that it's a tad bit scary not that Danny could ever hurt him but being attracted towards him meant bigger expectations that John had anticipated.

And he'd only mentioned two words

Two words "I lied"

John thought he'd pale at his revelation but he was laughing his ass out, laughing like there was no tomorrow, the laughter that dies with wetness in your eyes.

"John" he slapped on his shoulder "every one lies and if they say they don't, that's the biggest lie."

"Coffee?" Danny showed the café and offered John.

Reluctantly with the lack of money in his pockets and no job thereof John agreed.

They had to sit before Danny agrees to take the truth of his life seriously.

"I was in comma for almost two years" John said once Danny was back after placing the order. He preferred not to beat around the bush. Danny already had waved multiple times to his friends once he entered the café.

Although self-proclaimed nerd he was pretty popular.

John had to finish narrating his story before any of his friends barge in.

"Are you reading some novel?" Danny looked around wondering where this came from.

"Danny you'll have to listen to me attentively" John was a bit loud but that got him Danny's attention.

"I do not remember my past at all. I don't even remember my name."

John could actually lift Danny's jaw form the floor; his mouth was left hanging open.

"You are kidding with me right?" Danny tried to laugh it off "Don't mess with me. I am not showing but I am stressed and homeless too. I cannot take another blow."

He paused and waited for John to laugh with him but his face was impassive.

"All my life has been a lie after that. I am not John." John stated.

"Then who is?" Danny asked "Are you lookalikes, have you impersonated him. You know that is illegal?" Danny was blabbering now and John knew Danny had finally registered his word in his head.

"NO" John said firmly "this was name given to me by cops." He continued casually.

"Cops?" Danny panicked "you mean police. What did you do? Do you have a criminal record?"

He nodded his head "all this is a joke?' he tried to laugh bit it was constricted "you are being funny right? He waved his hand off "it doesn't suit your personality. You look great in your angry young man persona."

'I know this is too much to take but I am telling the truth" John looked square in his yes "and no I wasn't arrested at least not when I given the name john"

'Why would they name you John randomly?" he pause and shouted "What? You were arrested before?"

"Sssh" John hushed him "be quiet I don't want an audience,"

"whoa whoa whoa' Danny was full on stressed mode "you can afford a criminal record but not an audience" Danny stood from his seat.

John pulled him from his wrists chuckling slightly