Chapter 25 Troubled Memories

Chapter 25

Troubled Memories

After few attempts of escape John gave up.

He too wanted to know who were the people who had kidnapped him and what did they want from him.

If they were related to human trafficking he'd be more than happy to show them their place.

He knew they were a lot of them but somehow he didn't fear them.

He had a feeling that he had faced worst and these could be child's play.

Even if not he'll fight a way.

"whoa whoa whoa!" a sophisticated voice exclaimed "who would have thought this?"

"Release him and open his blindfold." He ordered.

Once the tight fold was removed John had to blink his eyes several times and once he opened them the image he saw after a series of blurry images of a smart man in mid fifties with a French beard and wrinkled neck that narrated his years of experience apart form smooth skin that showed radiance.

John couldn't help but word out "Dylan"

"So you do remember me?" Dylan laughed. I should have come to you long ago.

John rubbed his wrists that were sore of being tied up but not losing eye contact with Dylan wondering how he remembered his name and how does he know him.

Certain images of him training with him or hurting him flashed his eyes but he wasn't sure whether this guy Dylan was a good news or a bad news or how did he know him.

"I understand you are curios John" Dylan laughed as he offered him flute of expensive looking wine."

"John?" John scrunched his brows. So he wasn't from his past life. He did not know him.

"Of course your name is John" Dylan understood John's thoughts without him uttering a word "you think that stupid cop randomly named you John. It was and is your name."

John eyed the flute wondering if it was safe to drink it.

Dylan chuckled immediately exchanging the glass with his "I am glad amidst your dead eye you still remember your training."

"Training?" John asked.

"You were trained John" he emphasized "military level training and yes" he lifted his flute of sparkling wine "it was a part of your syllabus never eat or drink anything offered by your captivators. Seems though I am your unfortunate captivator unless you decide you don't want to be captivated" he smiled.

"You are just the same John" Dylan spoke proudly "with or without memory. I am sure you are here because you decide to come here, my boys are not that smart enough to be able to kidnap you."

"What do you know about me?" John asked.

"Everything" he took a long sip from his glass of wine.

"I have all night" John eased into the cushioned leather chair and confidently lifted the flute to his lips.
"Start Dylan" John said having a strong déjà vu feeling that this thing has happened a multiple times earlier.

Dylan nodded his head slightly "it is not that simple John. The doctors said if we pushed the memory into you, we might loose you to comma again"

"So you decided to throw me into the world of anonymous?" John said irritated.

"The outside world was classroom. Doctors thought you'd heal better in open surrounding. And you did kind of. Till...." he stirred his glass taking his time.