Chapter 18 Help From Friends?

Chapter 18 

Help From Friends?

"I cannot believe this" John did not realize that the huge bellied cop could read his mind as he muttered the exact words he thought in his head "are you some kind of super hero?" he asked.

John was handcuffed with his hands behind his back and like fate could betray he was in the same police station that he'd been earlier

But this time he had committed a crime and that would affect his records for sure.

"I.. I " John stammered "I can explain.'

"Please do' the pot bellied cop who laughed for no reason squatted twisting his ass right and left trying to fit in his cushioned chair and sat gesticulating John to sit in front of his desk.

John tried to bend but he was uncomfortable with is hands behind his back.

"Who brought you here?" the fat cop whose name tag John could read Brad Colman asked

John simply shrugged.

He was so scared and panicked when he was simply pulled out of his driving seat, his hands were shivering and the adrenaline of the chase was pumping him hard he did not read the name of the officer or you may say he was more focused on the black vehicles that had disappeared like pffftttt. Smoke in the air.

With the vast empty roads behind him and the silence around made John wonder if there was even a chase but the racing heartbeats inside his chest and the feared faces peeping from the windows of the tourist bus which was now scratched from all the sides made him think otherwise.

Earlier....
"Look inspector I can explain" John tried to communicate. "Look at the people inside the bus" he made him look at their direction "they are so scared.'

But the police was adamant "had I been in that bus with you driving, I am sure" the cop now turning his hands and double locked the cuff "I'd be scared to shit in my pants too."

"Come with me" he commanded.

"And the bus?" John asked panicked.

It will stay here" the cop answeeds and proudly addressed the passengers of the bus "you guys are safe now. Relax. I will make sure that he never gets his license back."

"You are making a mistake officer" John almost begged, "don't leave the bus. I'll drive it to the station if you want." He begged.

"And Barack Obama will be our prime minister once again" the cop joked " not possible when I am here." He denied flatly.

John knew he'd be in serious trouble if he did what he was planning to do but he did not have any choice. If he left the bus and people here they'll be abducted again and he couldn't waste the efforts he and they had done for their freedom, many were hurt too.

John lifted his knee and kneaded the officer where the sun didn't shine.

He then used his cuffed hand and hit on his head while he was bent to hold his injured buddies.

The co officers came to his rescue but John fought hook and nail with his elbows, legs, knees and tied hands to try and escape.

The officers were losing when finally one of them realized that they had a gun.

He raised the pistol in the air and shot a bullet.

"Now if you do not stop" the other officer was tattered with the fight, his face bruised and his tag almost fallen shouted "next bullet will see your body." John stopped immediately; he was of no help dead he thought.