Chapter 11 First Mission

Chapter 11

First Mission

"Everyone is dead" Cynthia shouted, "they killed each and everyone of them. All of them died, sacrificed their lives. Dead" she started crying loudly now

"Ssshh.." John pulled her into an embrace. He did not know what to do "I am so sorry" he said wondering if he was really sorry or what was he apologizing for.

"They were instructed to run. I begged them to evacuate the building," she bawled as she spoke "I told them you were coming. They waited for you but" her eyes accusatory now "you never showed up. What were your plans now?' she accused angrily.

"I am sorry" John hugged her tightly. It was him who needed that embrace now "I am very sorry. I did not know."

He felt guilty all of a sudden. All this while he had been enjoying the Christmas, drinking making out and having fun with the teenagers while people around were dying. He could have done something. He didn't know exactly what but he was sure he'd at least tried to save them.

"What can I do to amend my mistake" John muttered.

"Avenge them." Cynthia replied with venom in her eyes.

"Avenge them?" John was startled "how?"

"How?" Cynthia repeated, "you should know better. You are the planner. Have always been." She said firmly.

"Cynthia" John pulled his hair "its not easy. It's complicated."

"Complications, difficult" Cynthia wasn't sure if she was shocked or disappointed "these words have never been in your dictionary earlier." She took a step back "Are you sure you still want to be a part of the team? Did you join hands with someone else?" she asked perplexed.

"Dam why don't you understand?" John yelled.

Immediately they heard hustle and bustle from across the building. Footsteps were running towards them

"Its not safe here" Cynthia wrapped her fingers around John's.

John couldn't help but stare at their intertwined hands for a moment longer till Cynthia had to put pressure and pulled him along.

Both of them ran, the guards followed after them but they were quick and smart

Picking high and low walls they jumped and ran and were soon out of the vicinity and away from the guards.

Once they were alone they stopped to take their breaths, John more tired than Cynthia.

Obviously she trained' John thought to himself.

He gave one look at her fit and fine body beneath those tattered clothes.

"Like what you see?" Cynthia clicked her finger in front of his face and smiled "you have always liked me right?" she asked, "that hard ass difficult to please b@stard was a persona" she asked.

"I know nothing" John said dejected and disheartened "I remember nothing," he wailed quietly. He kicked his foot on the ground "I do not remember a single thing. I am so lost inside my head. I try to remember but nothing comes out of it." He kicked harder and punched the wall besides.

"Merlin stop" Cynthia stopped him punching the wall holding his bleeding fist. She looked at him emphatically "so it is true. You have lost your memory?"
John nodded and then smiled "so my name was Merlin?" he asked.

"You have had shit!" Cynthia commented, "You didn't even remember your name?"

"Nah" he shook his bruised hand. If it hurt then the excitement of learning more about himself overpowered the pain.