Chapter 19 Funeral

Chapter 19

"Here" Danny threw the black gadget at John, "this is for you."

With quick reflexes John swiftly picked the black thingy in his hands looking at grinning Danny who was proud at his faith on John who very proficiently caught the phone aka ball like the wicket keeper catching the ball, the world cup fever catching up to him.

"What is this?" John asked turning the black piece around in his hands assessing it.

Danny chuckled "yeah few more years and people are not going to recognize that this piece was a mobile phone. But I guess it is a mobile phone."

"It is" John agreed laughing at the petty joke., "but why are you giving it to me?" he asked

"So that next time when you are taking leave from work." He was now shuffling channels and rested on the cricket. "I need to be informed so that I can cut your pay"

John raised his brows "Thanks and asked "Cricket?"

"Yep" Danny sat on the sofa folding his legs in a relaxed position "This is world cup. I think football can take a break."

"I like cricket too" John too eased on the sofa seat next to Danny as he worked on started the phone "but haven't followed any team lately."

"I don't think I can get a sim card for the mobile" John stated as he waved the piece in front of Danny "I don't have necessary documents."

I figured that much" Danny said as he removed a small card from the pockets of his jacket and handed it to John "But I want it back before you leave the job."

"Sure thing" John smiled honestly and humbly thanking the lord for blessing him with a caring friend like Danny.

Before John could switch on the phone once the sim card was settled, the phone started ringing John jumped in the air with anticipation

John looked at the black piece with horror in his eyes.

"Pick up" Danny raised his brows and John inched towards the phone as if it were a live grenade.

"Hey Hottie" the voice called and John wondered why he was so scared to pick the phone.

"Sorry ma'am" John answered you have the wrong number.

"No" the girl at the other end denied "I finally have the right number $exie"

John raised his brow at Danny who was giggling goofily.

"Who is she?" John asked, his one hand on the microphone of the phone.

Danny laughed further "guess who?" he wriggled his brows "one of your list of admirers."

John took a moment to realize as the girl went on and on with her dirty talks "I can come over you if you feel like. It will be too much fun."

"Lizzzieeeee" John wolf whistled. He now recognized the voice.

"Who else did you expect?" she giggled, "didn't Dan tell you I'd call." She laughed more "instead I have been trying on this number for atleast half an hour.

John scratched the back of his neck, his ears pricking red with blush.

"So my place or yours?" the girl wasted no time John thought.

"Well I do not have your address" John tried an excuse. Though he liked Lizzy but sleeping or having sex, he wasn't sure with his past blurry, he could do it.

Although the offer was pretty enticing.

'Your place then" Lizzy said her voice elated at the possibility of the wild sex with a hot man