Chapter 27 Being Played!

Chapter 27

Being Played

"Here is our hero" one of the guys shouted excitedly as John entered the shabby basement of the shelter home.

He saw Danny bruised and tied on one corner of the floor.

He wouldn't have recognized the lively Danny if not for his headphones now broken yet sprawled across his neck.

"Leave him" John barked at the group of men who looked bad news.

John noticed that the only exit from the dark huge room was the gate that he entered and was now guarded by a tall sturdy man with a gun in his hand.

The manager was cooped in the corner not tied like Danny but he didn't seem to be a part of the gang or rather he was forced to be with them.

"You have two choices" one of the guys who had been continuously pricking his teeth said "leave the shelter home f##K alone and you can leave from this place unscathed."

Confident about his offer he waited for John's reaction

"Or?" John asked casually his hands in his pockets.

"Both of you may die" the teeth pricking guy laughed as he aimed his gun at John.

With quick reflex action John threw the mobile the only thing that he had in the pocket of his trousers at the person.

Misbalanced the guy dropped the gun accidently shooting at the door man.

By now John had tackled couple of goons in hand to hand.

Danny who was also up and conscious by now ran towards John
"John" he mumbled with his face stained of dried blood.

Quickly John untied him and both of them were fighting John managed the gun of teeth pricking guy and Danny was now aiming the doorman's gun at others.

When one of the guys tried to attack them John quickly shot him on his shin.

Danny took the moment to open the door and John following behind.

With the bright light on the ground floor John was greeted by Dylan and few more guys dressed in uniform and guns.

"If you were here why didn't you come down to help us?" John asked angrily.

He was only replied by a smirking Dylan "because we knew" he calmly folded his hand s around his waist "you'll handle them yourself just fine."

"They had guns" Danny chose to whine.

"You had John" Dylan answered casually.

"Who is he?" Danny asked John.

"Long story" John patted on Danny's back making him wince and overwhelmed at the same time"he's family".

They had really molested him bad.

"How many stories do you have?" Danny asked

"I guess you have one too now" John commented making Danny raised his brows

"You have to tell us how you landed there at he basement?" John asked.

"You wanted me to find out about the Shelter home and I did so and BOY" he said shockingly "there is lots of stuff happening in there and" he expressed his shock "illegal stuff." Danny said "they have secret files in their computer and I managed to hack them" Danny stated proudly

'With the help of Kevin" John broke his happy bubble.

"Meanie" Danny mumbled cursing John but continued, "they have proper agencies obviously not legal again and they deal in all sort of stuff