Chapter 31 Friends With Benefits

Chapter 31

Friends With Benefits

"So you proposed Natasha?" Dr. Markle asked.

"Why do you ask?" John asked in return "I don't think I have

"If that had happened I'd have known.

Natasha had been visiting me since you lost your memories, she was very depressed, she missed him."

He narrated,

"Do you think John loved you, would have married you?

"No, he never loved me, we too are together because I love him."

"You still want to be him. Do you think this relationship has future?" he'd asked

Natasha was on verge of tears but she was holding on "I was sane earlier because I had him, so went for him."

"Can you elaborate" Dr. adjusted his glasses as he eyed the brown eyed girl and the color seemed more transparent specially when her eyes were glassy."

"Our profession is such that we both were together because we knew that when we slept together, nightmares would be at bay, we had each other to hold on to when we woke up at night."

"Do you think this was more than friendship?"

To answer, Natasha chuckled "more than friends with benefit, $ex was always an advantage. That way I could hold him" she passed a wickedly but harmless smile "and stop him from flirting with other girls."

"Is that enough? Is this viable for you to wait for him? It's already been more than a year"

Dr. stated the fact "and you also mentioned he is not sure about love."

Natasha sniffled "I don't know how long would the vehicle of our relationship keep moving with only wheel carrying the power of love is me."

"It's going to be okay you know "Dr. extended his box of tissues.

"What would you do if he proposes?" Dr. Markel tried to lighten the mood.

"He can never propose" she chuckled at some past memory "he is very poor at that "he did once and it was a blunder."

"He proposed you." Dr. asked.

"No he didn't. I told you he doesn't like commitments, attachment. I wonder if he'd ever get married. He proposed this girl. Well that was strictly business. So let it go Doc" she stood up all of a sudden flattened her creased pants and pulled her shirt for a formal look "I am feeling better now. Thanks for the session."

"I am not done yet." Dr. Markle tried to stop her from leaving so abruptly.

"Sorry cant wait, just got a page. John is up and awake" she had a bounce in her step "gotta go"

"Yes yes" My smile was bigger than hers. She was a friend first and a patient later. I was happy for her

'''''''''''''

"It was Ayoka" John mumbled.

"What is Ayoka?" Dr. Markle was lost in his thoughts for a moment.

"Ayoka means pretty child in Japanese. I proposed her but it all went bizarre."

"What happened?"

"She was highly allergic to flowers I got her and so I took her to the doctor who was also her ex boyfriend and though I was using her for a purpose." John took his own time remembering the scenario "but finally we did exchange rings, she gave me one too"