Chapter 28 Fighting Rink

Chapter 28

Fighting Rink

"No they mean pure business" John could not ignore the adrenaline pumping in him. This was something he'd been doing since ages.

His hands tingled for a paper and pen.

"I want to solve this," he blurted out aloud.

"What?" Danny was upset "Is this a game or some math problem? You got to be kidding me."

"This is bull shit" he said irritated "they have fooled us. They are playing shit, some teenagers discussing video games.'

"What these are video games?" John asked sounding silly to his own ears. The things seemed vividly familiar "Do you have them in your phone?"

"Not all but couple of them" Danny shrugged.

"Give them to me" John said eagerly extending his hand for his phone.

"What?" Danny shrieked making John eye the place around. They did not want attention "in times like this you want to play?"

"Just give" John said and started playing the games one by one.

But after couple of games he could remember what other games were meant for.

'After all this time I should have tried self counseling' he thought to himself.

John started reading the mail sentence by sentence

"Mario brothers have three jabbers"

That would mean their gang might have three people or three guns.

"They'll pick the candies"

Candies could be children or guns.

"And deliver it to Pub. G"

"Now who would be Pub?" John wolf whistled thinking

"Or it could be a place?" Danny suggested, "some pub or something starting with name G" he air quoted his fingers "since the name of the game is Pub G

"That's a probability" John started moving the cursor on the screen, his brain working. "What is the full form of pub G?" John murmured as eh typed pubg on the google search window.

"PLAYER UNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND" flashed on the screen and "Oh shit!" Danny said excited "this is club Battleground, a very famous club, a dark one though. They conduct illegal fights and is a famous for drug dealers. Do you think candies are drugs?"

"Where exactly is this place?" John asked "Drugs or humans they need to be grounded."

"how did you happen to know about this place?" John asked out of a sudden.

Danny was uncomfortable "Uh umm." Danny hesitated " I actually happened to go there to get drugs, my friend took me there."

"You do drugs?' john was very angry.

"Not very proud of it" Danny said softly "it was a one time thing. It was mom and dad's anniversary and he was behaving weird." Danny shuddered at the memory.

"And then?" John asked.

"Dad found the packet and he acted like he always did and made sure I stopped taking them in his own typical way." Danny said disappointed.

"That man earned a huge respect from me just now" he gave a crisp salute to his non-existent dad and then placed his hand on Danny's shoulder earning a glare from him.

"Back to work" John chuckled reading "Bubbles who will play pet rescue and reach Farm ville"

Now... I guess bubbles is code name of person who'll rescue or pick them and take them to Farm ville. What and where is farm ville?" he thought out loudly.