Part 55

I am so sorry, I forgot to publish an important Chapter, and now I'm republishing it. Please read ❤️

Hello everyone!! Thank you for reading this fic and voting for it. This is the last chapter of the story and I'm so grateful to you all for sticking around and reading Lily's story.

****

Tommy cleared his throat for the third time as he climbed the stairs leading to Lily's flat. He knew he was a little late and she would be snoring away but he needed to talk to her. He had been successful in his meeting with Arthur Bigge and since he was in London City, he thought of paying her a visit. And of course, because of the coin toss.

With some toys for Oliver in one hand, he knocked her door. only to get no response. He knocked again, this time harder and heard the knob twist.

And there she was, her hair falling around her shoulders, dressed in her emerald silk dress which seemed a bit loose. He wanted to crush her in his arms and take her to bed at that moment but he didn't. He wasn't planning to bed her tonight. Tonight was only for talking things through.

'Tommy? Why are you here?' She asked angrily with a hint of timidity.

He opened his mouth to answer, only to hear someone yell from inside. Someone male.

'Who is calling at this hour?'

Clearing his throat and keeping his face impassive, he asked, 'You've got company?'

'Yes. Now is not a good time.' She said and began to close the door but he pushed it back open.

'Let me meet him. I need to know what kind of men you bring around in front of my son.' He said coolly.

'He's a good man. So if you'll please leave-' She hissed impatiently but the voice got closer, taking form of a young man with green eyes and dark hair. Someone Polly would say was handsome.

'Who is it, Lily?' He asked as he took in Tommy's expensive suit.

'No one.' Lily said stonily but didn't make an attempt to send him off. As if she was showing off her fiance.

'Hello, I am Thomas Shelby. Oliver's father.' Tommy extended his hand and the man shook his hand with his.

'Who?' The man, who was supposedly Simon Hunt asked in bafflement.

'You must have heard of Shelby Company Limited.' Tommy stated, disliking him more by every passing second.

'I know you. But who's Oliver?'

Tommy looked at Lily who didn't meet his eyes and stared down at the detail on her sleeves, her jaw clenched.

'No one.' He echoed her words with a slight shake of his head.

'Well, I am leaving. You both can continue. And Lily, I'll pay you tomorrow.' He winked and went out of the flat, giving a slight nod in Tommy's direction.

'Get lost,' she gritted out and gave him a push. 'Do you want to come in?' She asked finally, now that her 'guest' was gone.

'Who the fuck is he?' He asked as he walked in while she continued to walk in front of him.

'He's a friend.'

'You sleep with all your friends?'

Taking a deep inhale, she asked, 'Why are you here? You left Charlie all alone, didn't you?'

'He's with Frances. I don't suppose you know where Oliver is.'

'He's sleeping in my bed.'

Trying to keep his voice even, he said, 'You invite men while my son is sleeping in the next room?'