88. Bunch of Surprises!

I would like to apologise to the readers who read this offline coz I have added loads of images in this one, lol!

Happy reading! 💓

It has been a few days since Manan had their fight. They neither met nor spoke with each other. Manik was clearly upset and his anger took better of him whereas Nandini was confused. She was not able to understand where she went wrong amidst all the balancing between her career, her family, her friends and her husband. They were taking a break to figure out what was happening between them.

Morning 8 am,
Malhotra mansion,
It was early Saturday morning when Nyonika walked into Manik's room to see him sleeping rather uncomfortably in a sitting position with the laptop on his lap. She sighed seeing this grown-up little boy and wondered how long did he work at night. She didn't had the heart to wake him up but alas she had to. She went forward and took his laptop, pressed the save button on his open excel sheet before the laptop gets dead and kept it on charging. She then went towards him and ruffled his hair calling his name.

Nyonika: Manu, beta uth ja!

Manik: Hmm mom thodi der..

Nyonika: *caressing his hair* No Manu, get up chal I have brought your coffee, it will get cold.

Manik groaned, turned to her and hugged her by her waist making her chuckle.

Nyonika: *kissing his forehead* You are still a baby.

Manik: Oh please mom, I am not ok!

Nyonika: Ya ya but you still behave like one. Now get your lazy ass up and do some workout, you are getting unfit day by day.

Manik: *rolling his eyes* Usually moms see their child as getting thin mom.

Nyonika: *hitting his shoulder* Dare you roll your eyes at your mom! And there is a difference between being unfit and fat. I never said you are getting fat, I said you are not looking after your fitness. See how nice the weather is, go for a jog!

Manik: *bowing* Jo hukum matashree!

He chuckled and went to the washroom to get fresh whereas she too laughed and went downstairs. Getting ready in his tracksuit, he drank his coffee and taking his phone, he went out. He was just a few blocks away from the mansion when a car screeched right next to him. He immediately took off his AirPods and glared at the car as he could not see who was in the driver's seat.

Manik: *knocking on window* What the fuck! Chala ni nahi ati then when do you people drive!

The door on the passenger side opened only for him to be surprised.

Person: Get in!

Manik: What? And what are you doing here?

Person: Get in Manik! Or you wanna create a scene on road?

He gave a hard glare before getting on the passenger seat.

Person: Seat belt bandho!

Manik: What?

Person: Why are you acting dumb today? I just said put on the seat belt!

Manik: Dekho Nandini, I don't wanna go anywhere with you so jo hai wo yahi se bolo or else I am going!

He tried to go out but couldn't. He looked at her in disbelief.

Manik: Seriously Nandini? Child lock?

Nandini: *leaning and putting on his seat belt* Anything for a child like you! God, you would have been a nightmare for Nyomaa and papa in childhood.

She started the car and he glared at her. She smiled inwardly and turned on the radio but he immediately turned it off.

Tu Dhadkan Mein Dil (Manan ff)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें