36. Missing each other

Few days passed by and its been 3 weeks since Nandini has returned to UK. Everything has been running smoothly in this time but the only thing that was different was Manan. Even though they were with friends or family or colleague, somewhere in the back of their mind they were missing each other like hell. Yes, they are growing habitual to this long distance relationship however, at times Nandini would breakdown looking at his picture secluding herself in her room and Manik would keep indulging himself in work whenever he missed her but not for once they complained to anyone or each other. It had become their routine to talk everyday in Manik's lunch time which would be the time, Nandini would be either getting ready or having her breakfast.

However, they haven't been able to talk since last 6 days as it was March and last month of the financial year which means Manik is heck busy, handling everything by himself. He left home early by 8 in the morning, had meetings over lunch too and used to come at around 10 every night, totally drained. Nandini being an understanding wife supported him well. They could only be in touch through text whenever they get some spare time but she never missed to remind him about his meals and everytime she did that, his heart would swell with the warmth of her love.

Today, Nandini had an emergency surgery to assist with Dr Turner hence she did not have her lunch yet as immediately after surgery she had appointments lined up. She finally got free at around 5 and starving she went to the canteen to grab a quick sandwich.

Her attire 👇

As soon as she settled on the table, her phone pinged with a mesaage and she smiled applying her headphones as a video call came

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

As soon as she settled on the table, her phone pinged with a mesaage and she smiled applying her headphones as a video call came. She smiled happily seeing her both families sitting together in Malhotra mansion living room. Actually Cabir text her to ask if she was free because all wanted to talk to her.

(Haha, how many of you thought its Manik?)

"Hi everyone! How are you all? Aaj sab ek saath?" Nandini asked as soon as she saw all. "We are good princess, but tum itni late lunch kar rahi ho?" A concerned Raman spoke immediately seeing the surrounding behind and a sandwich in her hand making her smile. "Relax appa, woh I had an emergenc0y surgery today so late ho gaya but aap sab ek saath?" "Woh princess, bas aise hi we didn't meet since you left so thought to do a get together. But we were missing you as Naira se bhi abhi baat hui so thought to call you too!" Raj added smilingly. It was Navya, Cabir, Abhi, Ishra and Ranika sitting together. "Oh, I am missing you all too! Navu, why do you look a bit pale?" She asked being the concerned bestie as well as a doctor. "Kuch nahi hai bestie, halka sa fever tha yesterday so.." Nandini made an oh face as her eyes kept on roaming around the room. Cabir's hawk eyes immediately caught that as he added smirkingly. "Jisse aap dhundh rahi hai na bhabhi, he is not home yet!" All laughed as they understood whom he was refering to whilst Nandini looked down being embarassed and murmured. "10.30pm hogaya aur abhi tak nahi aaye..." she said slowly to herself making a face but all heard it. Nyo smirked before she replied "Ab kya kare, tumhara pati hai hi aisa Nandu!". Hearing the word 'pati', an adorable scarlett colour leaked on her cheeks making all go aww on her. They talked for a while before hanging up.

Tu Dhadkan Mein Dil (Manan ff)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें