54. Sick Nandini

Hey guys, I know I took long but things have been hectic as a student so I hope you all understand! I have one more bad news, this is the last update before I take a break for my exams but I promise, I will be back in June. Till then miss me! 😉

Ps. My hunny bun Mystifying_Diva has helped me with this update so thank you Divu! Love you dher sara! 😘

Happy reading! 💓

Its been few days since Manik left for
India and Nandini, well she kept herself busy in hospital work which she joined just the next morning he left regardless of the fact that she was on holiday. She wanted to subside the emptiness she felt, which came with Manik's departure, as much as possible and kept herself busy careless about her meals just as Manik predicted but he couldn't pay attention to that because of his hell tight schedule which he had already informed about to Nandini before leaving London. They were in touch with each other through text but couldn't gather time to talk much. He had once called her in between squeezing some time from his lunch time to talk to her yesterday as he was really anxious about her health knowing her well.

Flashback
Nandini had just come out of the operation theatre after completing a small surgery under the supervision of Sarah. Now she had 30 mins in hand before her appointment starts. She entered her cabin, removed her coat, gloves, washed her hands and settled on the couch closing her eyes. She was feeling a bit too tired than normal which was making her worried but she shoved it off with some reason. She had lost her appetite too and would feel like puking just by the name of food. She hadn't said this to anyone as to not worry them. She knew it will be fine. Her rest session ended when her phone ringed. She looked around to find her phone and found it between the files. Immediately picking it up, she kept the phone between her ear and shoulder and started adjusting the mess she created with her files before the emergency case came.

Nandini: Hello, who's this?

Caller: Aah.. my wife forgot me just in a day it seems!

Nandini: *excitedly holding her phone, leaving her files* Mani! How are you? And what are you doing? Had lunch?

Manik: Ooo meri express train.. slow down a bit and first tell me why didn't you reply to my message? You know na I get worried when you dont reply bacha.

Nandini: *smiling at his concern* I am fine Mani, woh I didn't check my phone in morning and when I came to hospital, I had an emergency case to handle, sorry!

Manik: Dont apologise bacha, I understand!

Nandini: Waise how come you are free at this time?

Manik: Woh I wasn't going to be free but meeting postponed by an hour and you weren't replying too so I thought, I will call you.

Nandini: *sitting on the couch* Is everything ok Manik? You sound worried? Aap nervous lag rahe hai..

Manik: *in mind* Yeh hamesha kaise jaan leti hai ab kya batau? *ruffling his hair* Nahi aisa kuch nahi hai shona woh bas woh..

Nandini: *softly* Itna bada project hai isiliye darr lag raha hai?

Manik: *sighing* Nandini I want to get this project for you now since you wanted me to show that Harshad his right place and if I get this project, it will be a major loss for him as now he has invested a lot in this by bribing the manager and it will be a big slap on his face but..

Tu Dhadkan Mein Dil (Manan ff)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें