17. Tamil Wedding

Disclaimer: All the rituals in this part are taken from a website. Any mistake I do apologize! I have no intention to hurt anyone's feelings or beliefs.

Night,
Murthy farmhouse,
Nandini was sitting on the window seat looking at the light of the moon glowing on the lake behind the house, deep in her thoughts.

Nandini's nightwear 👇

She came out of her thoughts when she felt a hand on her shoulder

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

She came out of her thoughts when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked back to see her mother standing there. She gave a faint smile to her and Ishita settled beside her.

I: *caressing her hair* Kya hua gudiya? Kya soch rahi ho?

N: *hugging and sobbing* Amma darr lag raha hai.

I: *smiling* Aisa hota hai pari, har ladki ko hota hai!

N: Amma aapko bhi hua tha kya? I am really scared. Kya mai yai sab ache se nibha paungi? Will I be able to be a good wife? A good daughter in law? A good sister in law? Aap logo ke bina kaise rahungi mai? Mein aap sab ko bohot miss karungi! Aapke jaise kon muje choti choti seekh dega, lap mai sulayega? Appa ke jaise kon mujhe humesha aapse aur bhai se bachayega, pamper karega? Bhai ke saath wo haar baat pai ladayi, wo late night ice cream dates, wo heart to heart talks... I am gonna miss all this! Kya mai hamesha aapke saath nahi reh sakti?

I: *smiling with tears* Pagli, aisa nahi hota gudiya! Yehi rit hai, har ladki ko jana hota hai! Aur tu to aise bol rahi hai ki hum tumhe kahi dur bhej rahe hai, Mumbai mai hi to hai tu. Rahi baat miss karne ki toh we will miss you too! But tum shaadi kar rahi ho, humse rishta nahi tod rahi! We are always there for you aur tum aisa kyu nahi sochti ke hamare saath saath aur bhi kitne sare naye rishte judenge tere. Nyo aur Raj bhai toh tuje apni beti hi mante hai, Cabir tumhe apni behen manta hai, Naira tumhari choti behen hai pehle se hi aur Manik... beta woh tumhara jeevan saathi banega, no matter what he will always be there for you, to support you, protect you, care for you and love you.

N: *smiling* Thank you amma! Pata nahi kyu ab bhi darr lag raha hai, par now I feel a bit better. Amma maine kabhi rishte nahi nibhaye because aap the hamesha but ab mujhe yeh sab karna hoga and you know what I just want to be like you, perfect! *hugging her* I love you amma!

I: *hugging back* I love you too kanna!

Raman/Abhi: *standing at the door* Aur hum?

Nandini ran and hug them too. They had some family time and after that called it an early night as they had to wake up early tomorrow morning after all it was the most important day of their Nandu!

Wedding day morning,
Murthy farmhouse,
It was the day of our Manan's wedding and as decided a Tamil wedding will take place in a beautiful temple in early morning followed by a Punjabi wedding at evening. Murthys and Goenkas in Murthy house were running here and there looking after last minute whereas our bride was being made ready with the help of beauticians, Navya and Keerti in her room.

Tu Dhadkan Mein Dil (Manan ff)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें