S E V E N T E E N | Risk It

I swear I've lived

I swear I've lived

*****

Experience is a wonderful thing. It could be a good experience, something which truly shows you how to live, or a bad experience, something which teaches you a lesson on the way out. But every experience is worth living for. Although Daniel left me before his time, I had made a promise that he would experience it all regardless. Which is why I had gently tucked the picture of Daniel and I into my bag before I headed to school on the morning of the museum trip. 

"Everyone pick a partner and get in line so I can mark attendance" the principle yelled at the crowd of students in the parking lot. Alyssa who stood hand in hand with Jacob had already found her partner which left Sira, Elliot and I. Sira stood between Elliot and I, looking between the two of us. I smiled at her, taking her hand into my own. 

"Partners?" I asked but she only grinned in reply. 

"Yeah and I'll go sit next to a fucking ghost" Elliot muttered under his breath but I caught it. I faced him hiding my smile.

"I'm sure you could find anyone to be your partner. I mean, you've got quite a line" I said pointing to the group of girls behind him. Elliot scowled but didn't manage to say something since the principle began ushering us into the bus. Sira took the window seat, so I happily sat beside her. Jacob and Alyssa had taken the seats in-front of us and Elliot the one behind. 

"So, what are you doing tonight" I heard a voice ask from behind me. I peeked over my shoulder, through the gap in the seats and saw a girl from my maths class sitting next to Elliot. 

"Melting ice" Elliot groaned making me laugh. 

"What's going on with you and Elliot?" Sira asked linking her arm around mine. I blushed red at her question.

"Nothing" I shrugged avoided eye-contact.

"Don't give me that" Sira laughed. "You're all over each other." She leaned forward slightly. "I ship it" she winked making me blush harder. 

"Shut up, Sira" I laughed. 

"Okay, but seriously. Elliot's a great guy, and he really does care for you" she smiled softly at me.

"I love you" and I truly did. And I truly did. Looking at Sira, as her hand held onto mine, it made my soul warm.  Meeting Sira and Alyssa was the best thing that could have happened to me; they came into my life and helped me see the sun where I once only ever saw clouds. They believe in me so much that I've eventually began to believe in myself. They were my people.