T E N | Too Fast

Educate your sons

Educate your sons.

*****

I couldn't live my life based on 'what if's'. Change was inevitable and it's the one thing we could always count on. I had to stop worrying about what might or might not happen and follow my heart instead; how could I possibly expect to be happy if I didn't. And right now my heart told me, wherever I was right now with Elliot is exactly where I should be. I've never met anyone like Elliot and I don't just say that because it's cliché, I say it because it's the truth. I've never met anyone in my life that can make me laugh as much as he can, anyone who makes me as happy. I've never met anyone I can talk to as freely. And really, I've never met anyone who's mere presence can change my mood entirely.

That's why I didn't stop Elliot when Elliot shifted wrapping his knee around my leg, his hand sliding up my thigh. I didn't stop him when he leant down taking my lips into his. I didn't stop him when he wrapped his arm around me waist pulling me in closer than ever. Instead I wrapped my leg around his waist, my arms wrapping around his neck and I kissed him back with everything in me. I didn't care anymore, I wasn't going to fight anymore. Because I just know; I knew from the first moment we met. It wasn't love at first sight exactly, but - familiarity. Like: Oh, it's you. It's going to be you. I don't know whether this was all going to blow up in my face in the long run neither did I care, not right now at least.

We explored each other for what seemed like an eternity but was merely only a few minutes, up until my lungs screamed for air. I pulled away from Elliot who immediately tucked his face into my neck, planting small butterfly kisses whilst I caught my breath. He continued planting kiss after kiss around my jaw, down my neck and onto my collarbone, but I was knocked back into reality when I felt something hard press against my thigh. I pushed back against Elliot's chest but didn't push him away completely.

"You okay?" Elliot asked breathless, his forehead resting against mine. I looked at the smile that played on his lips but its his eyes that caught my attention. I was once told, a smile isn't genuine unless the eyes smile too. Words mean nothing, unless the eyes speak too. And right now, Elliot's eyes were speaking a thousand words.

"Hmm" is all I managed to say with a slight nod. Elliot continued to stare down at me, tucking a strand of stray hair behind my ear. I raised my hand running my thumb down his cheek and just over his lips.

"What is it about you?" I asked assessing his features. He was beautiful. So so beautiful.

"What do you mean?" Elliot shifted so that he was laying beside. His arm never leaving my waist as he pulled me towards him. I rested my head on his chest taking in his familiar scent wrapping my arm around him.

"Nothing" I muttered not wanting to scare him but what I wanted to say was that he felt like home. Was it too early to say that? I don't know, maybe. But he did. Being able to find someone you click with so naturally is the best feeling ever. It felt like Elliot and I had been best friends forever, it really did feel like home. Elliot isn't someone I share everything in common with but he's someone I'm beyond comfortable with. That is home.

"Am I scaring you?" Elliot mumbled playing with my hair. My head shot up to look at him but he avoided my gaze.

"Why would you scare me?" I asked quietly. He just shrugged looking out of the window. He sighed turning around so he could look at me. He stared at me a minute with so much emotion that it nearly choked me before cupping my cheek.

"Is this going too fast for you? Am I moving too fast for you?" he asked waiting for my answer intently. I looked at him trying to come up with an answer but I honestly couldn't.

"Yes". I waited a beat. "No?" I muttered not knowing what to say. I took his hand into mine gently playing with it. I didn't think there was such a thing as falling too fast, or liking someone too fast, or trusting someone too fast because everything in your life is different. Every person in your life is different and no two things could be the same. You could fall for someone within a day and live an happily ever after with them or you could be with someone for years and still not manage to make it in the end.

"Is it moving too fast? Yes, it's moving really fast. Is this scaring me? Yes, it most definitely is. But are you scaring me? No, Elliot, you're not. I don't think you could ever scare me. This situation is just bizarre. I've never been someone to get along with so easily, I've never been able to make friends easily because I'm so closed off but you're different Elliot. I don't know how or why but you just are. And somehow I'm okay with that".

"I don't know what it is about you, Jess. But something about you sets me on fire. It holds me down for you. Just you. And it's driving me fucking crazy" my heart fluttered hearing the words come out of his mouth. Probably because I was relieved. Relieved that I wasn't the only crazy one. We were both a little crazy.

We stayed wrapped up in each others arm for I don't know how long but it felt natural, like that is exactly what I should be doing and he didn't seem to mind either. Elliot played with my fingers and no words were shared, just the mutual feeling of comfort. The serene moment was interrupted when Elliot's phone rang.

"What?" Elliot growled into the phone making me laugh. I sat up giving more space but he just scowled pulling me back down.

"Why on Earth would I want to go to Taylor's party? Especially after what happened today" I perked up hearing Taylors name. Elliot looked at me apologetically before moving to sit up, his hand lifting up to rub his jaw.

"Hmm...yeah...I guess. You sure?" he waited for a second. "Fine" he groaned ending the call.

"Who was it?" I asked pulling down my top which had ridden up, taking a seat next to Elliot.

"Jacob. He wants to go to Taylors party tonight." he looked at me waiting for me to say something.

"So what's the issue?" I smiled at him.

"The issue is that I don't want to go." I shook my head at him standing up in front of him, my hands on my hips.

"So don't go?" Elliot shook his head placing his hands on my hips pulling me closer.

"Jacob will quite literally have a fit if I don't show up" he sighed, "but that is why I'm taking you with me." I opened my mouth to protest but before I could he added, "Alyssa and Sira will be there too". He looked up at me through his long eyelashes.

"Fine" I groaned not being to resist his pleading face.

"Perfect" he stood up planting a big kiss on my lips before heading for the door.

"I'm going to go pick Elle up, and we'll head out later this evening" was all he said before he made a swift exit.

Tonight was going to be a long night.

*****