T W O | Secret Meetings

Let your soul grow

Let your soul grow

*****

Taking in the scenic route from LAX to the black household I couldn't help but think back to Daniel. He would have loved it here. His eyes would have glowed that special way they always do when he admires something. My heart clenched in his memory. 

"We're here!" Elaine gushed pulling into her enormous driveway. In-front of my stood a glorious house that I had only ever seen in movie. The black household definitely was rich.

"Who else lives here?" I asked Elaine eyeing the huge house. Elaine parked the car in the garage before turning around to face me.

"Apart from Elle and I, there's also my husband and my son" she smiled hopping out the car. Watching her move to the trunk of the car I followed closely with Elle.

"You have a beautiful house" I complimented still taking in the beauty in-front of me.

"Thank you hun. It really is our dream home. A home my husband and I worked very hard for" She said as she took my suitcase out of the trunk and sat it on the ground. I smiled hearing the gratefulness in her voice.

"What is it that you do, if you don't mind me asking?" I questioned as I followed her through the front door.

"Why would I mind?" she laughed with a wave of her hand. She unlocked the door allowing Elle and I to step in before she followed.

"I'm the leading journalist at VEVO" she smiled at me leaving her keys in a bowl near the entrance. My mouth dropped at her answer.

"Wait...you're the Elaine Black?" Elaine was the top journalist in the entertainment industry always having the last say in what gets published and what doesn't. No wonder she looked so familiar. Not only her but her husband was one of the best reputed doctors in LA along with owning a successful business too which he had started when he was younger. All in all they were a power couple.

"Don't embarrass me" Elaine blushed guiding me to the living room that had its very own pool view. This house really was beautiful.

"Can I leave Elle to show you to your room whilst I get dinner ready?" Elaine asked with a smile. I agreed and let Elle guide me upstairs taking my hand into her tiny ones.

"This is your room. It's right next to mine!" Elle gushed giving me a toothy grin. I knelt down so that I was at eye level with Elle.

"Isn't that convenient, now we can have our secret meetings" I winked at her before standing back up. Elle looked up at me enthusiastically nodding before leaving me to settle down. I looked around my new room admiring the interior. My favourite part definitely had to be the full glass wall that led outside to the balcony. I sat down on my bed taking out the frame of Daniel and I placing it on the bedside table before I rung my mum to let her know I had got to the Black household in one piece. I then began to unpack the rest of my luggage. It had been a couple of hours before I heard Elaine call for me again. I sighed taking the last piece of my clothing out of my suitcase and hanging it into the closet before making my way down to the kitchen.