F O U R | For Fun

Trust the timing of your life

*****

It had been a week since my last interaction with Elliot and since then I hadn't really seen him. Elle would usually keep me company in my room until we got bored and headed downstairs. It had sort of become a routine at this point. When moving to a whole new country, it takes a while to get comfortable with people. I found myself lonely but LA was a city where you could immerse yourself in. It takes time, but with time comes courage and in the end if you're lucky happiness too.

"I don't know whether this was a good idea" I whispered looking down at the frame in my hand as I leant across the frame of my bed. I had gotten ready to fall sleep but instead began talking to Daniel.

"I don't know what I'm doing. I'm so lost" I sobbed not holding back my tears anymore.

"What made me think moving to a whole different country was a good idea? What made me think running away from my problems would make them disappear?"

"Ever since I've stepped into this house my hearts been racing. I've got a pit in my stomach saying something's missing...that missing piece is you. Missing you comes in waves Daniel, and tonight...tonight I'm drowning." I choked holding the frame closer to me; closer to my heart. I sat there for a few more minutes until I heard hushed whispers outside my door. I quickly wiped my tears standing up when there was a knock.

I cleared my throat, "Come in".

"Hi" Elle whispered poking her head around the door.

"Hey, come in" I tried to smile as best I could, sniffing slightly, patting the space next me. She smiled walking in leaving the door slightly ajar.

"I know you're upset so I came to sit with so that you're not sat alone" She looked up at me through her lashes before her eyes quickly flickered towards the door before they settled back on me.

"Isn't that sweet of you" I laughed swinging my legs over my bed and crossing them placing a pillow over to rest on.

"Are you okay?" she asked fiddling with her fingers as she still eyed the door.

"I'm fine" I laughed "now why don't you go and grab whoever it is behind that door" her eyes widened in surprise before she blushed looking down in embarrassment.

"Remember me?" a voice said leaning against the door frame. Elliot stood near my door, his hand rubbing the back of his neck as he looked between Elle and I.

"So what's all this about?" I squinted my eyes at Elle playfully. She squeaked a 'I don't know' running past Elliot and out of my room.

"I was walking past your room and kind of figured you were upset. Thought you might need some company and Elle was my best bet" he shrugged his shoulders walking further into the room yet still a few feet away from the bed.