F I V E | His Own Demons

There's bravery in being soft

*****

If Sira and Alyssa had noticed the little interaction between Elliot to I they didn't comment and the rest of lunch passed by without another comment regarding Elliot for which I was thankful for and instead they had hijacked my timetable so that they could compare it to their own.

"We all have gym next" I stood up following behind Sira to dump our trash before following her into the gym changing rooms. Before Alyssa, or even Sira for that matter could show me around, a tap on my shoulder interrupted us. I smiled at the beautiful tall brunette who was smiling down at me

"Hey sweetie, what are you doing hanging at with these two?" She looked between Sira and Alyssa before smiling at me sweetly. A little too sweetly.

"What do you mean?" I looked at Alyssa who was glaring at the girl with Sira who was quite literally holding her back.

"I'm Taylor" she walked around to come stand in front of me. "Someone with your type of popularity should be hanging around with us" she pointed to two other girls who were watching everything from the side-lines.

"Popularity isn't everything, and I'd rather stick to my morals and not look down on others" I brushed her off walking over to Sira and Alyssa. 

"It is here!" Taylor practically screeched. "You know what, you can stick to these two losers, I was only being nice" she didn't wait for a reply and walked away instead. I stuck my tongue out at Taylors retreating back before facing my duo who looked embarrassed.

"I just realised I don't have any gym clothes" I pointed out as Alyssa and Sira began to change into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt with the school logo printed on both.

"You can borrow a pair from the office" Alyssa pointed to the door in the corner. I smiled in thanks walking to the office asking for some spare clothes. 

"Just make sure you shower afterwards" Sira laughed looking at clothes that were definitely a size too small.  I rolled my eyes at her changing into the clothes and following them out to the gymnasium where there was already a mix of groups lounging around on the benches. I pulled at the shorts that sat mid thigh looking at everyone else's knee-length shorts. I noticed a couple of lingering stares before I noticed Elliot glaring at me. What's his problem?

"Is something wrong?" I asked Alyssa as we sat on the bench making my shorts rise a little higher.

"I'm not sure" She shrugged continuing her conversation with Sira. I saw Elliot clench his fists. Why's he so pressed? I noticed Taylor muttering something along the lines of 'begging for attention' before turning back to Elliot. Elliot shot her a glare, walking away from her and towards his other friends instead. 

"Right class, up we get" The gym teacher clapped gathering us round. "Since I gave you such a tough class last session we'll keep it light this time around". Let me guess it'll be something like dodgeball.