E I G H T | You & I

Mindset is everything

RIP Sarah Everard ♥. Not all men, but enough men. Please educate yourself. 

***** 

I groaned throwing my face into my hands when I struggled to hit the note I was aiming for, once again. I had been hauled up in the school music room through-out lunch trying to practice the cover I had scheduled to record tonight. I made a couple more attempts until I finally hit it.

"Finally" I cheered clapping my hands together not noticing the second pair of hands clapping along with my own.

"Do you mind?" I squinted my eyes at Elliot. He just laughed taking a seat next to me.

"Is this for YouTube?" he asked looking down at the lyrics on the paper in front of me. He skimmed them before looking over at me. 

"Let's hear it then" he stood back up hovering over me waiting for me to sing. I scoffed standing up picking up my piece of paper along with my bag.

"Time to go" I shot him a cheesy smile making my way out of the room and towards my next class.

"I'll definitely hear it, don't you worry" I ignored the warning in Elliot's tone and instead laughed it off. The rest of the school day went by in a rush and I couldn't wait to go home and sing my heart it. I missed it.

As soon as I got home I got changed into a hoodie and leggings taking a seat on my bed opening my recording software. It took me a while to get used to editing my own music when I initially started music but after a year of doing so I could now edit my music with my eyes closed. I messed around a bit with the software adding the background music for my vocals until I was happy with the way it came out.

"For Gods sake" I groaned 5 seconds away from breaking something. I had set up my condenser mic and connected in to my laptop but there was way too much secondary noise to record accurately. Listening back to it there was always a small murmur or buzz that was very evidently there.

"You see, if you were nicer to me earlier today I could have provided you with a solution right about now." Elliot laughed from the door. I glared at him be he only just continued to laugh at my misery.

"Don't you have anything better to do than creep up on me all the time?" I asked deleting the section I had just recorded. Elliot walked over to me taking a seat on my bed watching me fiddle on my laptop.

"You'd think you'd start being nice to me knowing I had a solution" he wiggled his eyebrows at me taking my laptop out of my hands.