T W E N T Y - TWO | Trust

Love is rare, grab it

*****

Life is all about trusting yourself and how you feel. It's about not being afraid to take those chances. It's about finding or losing those special people and learning how to value their memories, both good and bad. My mother once said to me, a bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, not because its trust lies in the branch, but because it trusts its own wings. So instead of hiding behind Sira and Alyssa I decided to come back home instead. I had trust in myself, and that's something I will always have. I have me. That's all I need. 

"Don't go tonight, stay here one more time, remind me what it's like. And lets fall in love, one more time, I need now, by my side. It tears me up, when you turn me down, I'm begging please, just stick around. I'm sorry, don't leave me, I want you here with me, I know that your love is gone" my hand froze on the door knob when I heard the piano notes dance around my ears. I hesitated for a second before I followed the sweet voice down to my music room. Ignoring the rise of my heartrate, I plastered my back on the wall outside listening to Elliot as he continued playing. 

"I can't breathe, I'm so weak, I know this isn't easy...don't tell me that your love is gone" I didn't know Elliot could sing, but right now, as he did, my heart couldn't help but clench at his words. 

"How long is this going to go on?" I heard Jacob ask. He was still here? It had been two days. Elliot shrugged his shoulders looking down at the piano keys. I took a step back as I took in his appearance. Elliot was in the same clothes as the day I ran out, his hair a ruffled mess, and the eye bags under his eyes didn't help the look either. 

"Come on, bro. There has to be something else. This is bullshit" Jacob exclaimed taking a seat. 

"IF THERE WAS I WOULD FUKING DO IT" Elliot yelled slamming his hands down on the keys making me jump. Not realising I hit my back into the vase next to me and there wasn't much I could do other than let it fall. 

"Jess?" my eyes shut instantly once I heard his voice. Not ready for the confrontation, I turned on my heel wanting to find a way out.

"Jess, wait" A arm hooked around my elbow pulling me back. Elliot wrapped his other arm around my waist caging me between him and the wall behind us so I couldn't escape. Jacob walked through the door and gave me a small smile before he left us. 

"Let me explain" Elliot said looking down at me. I looked at the carpet under us not wanting to meet his eyes. I couldn't. I couldn't because I knew as soon as I looked into his eyes nothing else would matter. In that moment, all I wanted to do was run and hide. I scoffed at the thought, that's what I've always done.