T W E N T Y | Problem Downstairs

No rain, no flowers

No rain, no flowers

*****

"You ready?" Elliot asked waiting by the front door. 

"Yeah" I replied following him out and towards the car. Ever since I moved to LA, it had become a routine practice of mine to visit the local cemetery, something which Elliot decided to accompany me in doing. Deciding to move to America meant that I was leaving Daniel, which also meant that I couldn't visit him. A week after my move, it got me thinking about all the people who didn't have visitors for their own personal reasons; so I took it upon myself to lay flowers on the graves that looked like they hadn't been visited in a while. Something about it made me feel a lot closer to Daniel.

The cemetery wasn't far, so even after stopping at the florist we could be there under 15 minutes. We spent another 20 minutes laying out the flowers on the different graves. 

"What now?" Elliot asked as we piled back in the car. I nodded my head so without wasting another second, Elliot pulled out and we made our way to Elliot's favourite restaurant. I hadn't really seen much of Elliot since our last recording session; he had a huge game coming soon against one of the schools biggest rivals and every free second was spent at practice. 

Watching Elliot drive, I thought back to our earlier conversation. Elliot was reminding me of our date and had promised he did not forget. In-fact he took the extra time to make sure it was extra special and he wanted it to be right after their big win in a few days. Fingers crossed.

"You're still coming to the game, right?" Elliot asked as we pulled into the parking lot. Elliot walked around to my side, opening up the door for me.

"Ofcourse, I am." I replied as he took my hand in his own leading us through the main door.

"Table for two, please" he told the woman standing by the door. 

"I have to warn you though, I won't understand a thing" I laughed as he pulled us towards our table.

"Doesn't matter" Elliot pulled out my chair, "just scream my name, that should work too" he whispered in my ear. I caught the double meaning in his words but chose to ignore him entirely.

"Why so red?" Elliot asked with a smirk as he took the seat opposite me.

"Shut up" I scowled burying my face in the menu. Elliot let out a loud laugh, a laugh that sent butterflies to my stomach, but a laugh that was too loud for the poor old couple seated next to us. 

"Can I start you off with any drinks?" A waitress approached our table, a small notepad in her hand.

"Jess?" Elliot asked looking at me. I smiled at him before looking over at the waitress. The waitress who apparently couldn't take her eyes off Elliot. I cleared my throat catching her attention.