T W E N T Y - N I N E | Never Stopped

You had me at hello

You had me at hello

*****

Hope. I've decided to let it carry me. I've let hope tell me that better things are ahead. I've let hope carry me through the toughest times. I've let hope tell me that I'm stronger than any challenges that I've been through. I've let hope tell me that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be and I'm on the path to where I'm meant to be, because during this time, hope is the only thing that is going to carry me through. 

The majority of my night was spent looking through the memories Elliot had left me with. The girls had forwarded me everything they had. As the hours slipped past, my heart began to feel heavier. I sighed looking at the alarm clock sat beside me. 2:30am. I rubbed my forehead opening up my laptop, sticking in the USB Elliot had handed me.

"Hey." Elliot's face lit up my room. I watched intently as Elliot flipped the camera, and there I sat.

"Hey, sweet" I grinned at the camera. Sweet. My mind flashed back to the day we went to the museum. Hey, sweet. I unconsciously smiled at the memory. Even when I didn't remember, I remembered. 

"I don't want you to leave" Elliot groaned making me laugh. I shuffled closer to the camera taking it off Elliot and instead brought him into the frame, leaning my back against him. Elliot wrapped his arms around my waist, laying a small kiss into my hair. 

"I'll be back so soon" I said looking up at him. Elliot sighed nuzzling his head into my shoulder. The screen went dark.  "You did come back. But not to me". 

"I don't know why I'm making this" Elliot's voice filled my ears once again. I held my breath staring at the blank screen.

"Maybe because I'm hoping for a miracle." Elliot's face came into view. He was sat on the floor in his room. "I don't even know if you'll ever see this" Elliot rubbed his hand over his neck. "I really hope you do" he looks up into the camera. "Because that means we've made progress" he smiles a sad smile. I looked at the calendar in the corner of the screen. Two days. This was filmed two days after I had flown to LA. 

"I don't think I can be around you" my heart sunk, "but I'll have to be. Need to get you back, don't I?" he laughed lowly. 

"Daniels alive. You'll probably already know if you're watching this" he sighed loudly. "I don't know how you're going to react to it though. Whether you'll be angry or not. I hope you're not" Elliot stood up, dusting himself off. 

"Anyway, you always said to me channel your emotions into a song. It's the best way to do it." he smiled. "So I did. You also said you wanted a life that could be made into a movie." he smiled. "So here's to you baby".  

A light tune filled my ear as the video flashed images of Elliot and I. Elliot and I having a water fight. Elliot and I cuddling on the sofa. Elliot and I baking. Elliot laying on my shoulder.

And empty streets now
Where we used to love our hearts out
And now I'm dancing all alone
Scared to go out on my own

Group bowling dates. Food fights. Swimming. Theme parks. Happiness. It was all there.

This calming feeling faded into anxious breathing
In the places we were happy once
It's stuck inside but never home

Hospital rooms. Beeping. Crying. Daniel. Sadness. 

And if I lose it all in the blink of an eye
Like a fire burnin' out in the night

And my heart stops beating
But something's screaming

Elaine. Elle. Airport. Elliot. Rain. Aladdin. Truth or dare. Me. He had recorded it all.

And I, wish we didn't say goodbye
'Cause we're just standing still
And I don't really know what tomorrow holds
But I've, I've finally realised
If this is our last goodbye until we're gone
Who cares about the wrongs we've 'caused ourselves
'Cause I don't wanna watch the world end with someone else

The museum. Gazebo. Elliot and I. Flashes past of multiples images of everything that I wanted to remember. The screen went blank once again.

"I don't know if you remember or not. But I hope you do. I hope you won't need to watch this to remember." Elliot's voiced filled my ears before everything fell into silence. With my heart hammering in my chest I slowly shut my laptop screen; the lyrics of Elliot's song still resonating within me. 

I jumped off my bed and out of my bedroom and towards Elliot's door. I hesitated for a second before pushing it open. I didn't know why I came here but the feeling in my chest was too heavy to carry alone.

"You just going to stand there?" a voice made me jump. I smiled at Elliot who sat up in his bed opening up his arms waiting for me. Without waiting another second I ran into his arms, throwing myself around him, pulling him in as close as I could. 

"Well, if it isn't you feeling extra loving tonight" Elliot laughed wrapping his arms around waist.

"It doesn't matter" I said into his shoulder. Elliot pulled away looking down at me.

"What doesn't?" he asked tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, laying a soft kiss onto my forehead.

"Anything? All of this? Even if I don't remember it doesn't matter." I said pulling away taking a seat next to him. "I want you. I'll always want you." I cupped his cheeks.

"I love you" Elliot whispered pulling me onto his lap. Being told I love you can do wonders to your soul. "I love you so much" he continued lowering his lips onto mine. He kissed me softly, once, twice.

"I love you too. I don't think I ever stopped" I replied pulling away. I know I never stopped.