T H R E E | I'm Sorry

Be a good person for no reason

*****

The blaring noise of my alarm woke me up the next morning from my very deep sleep. I yawned kicking the duvet off myself before trudging to the toilet to take a quick shower. I had slept like a baby last night, almost at peace. More peace than I had been in during the whole past month. It was as though I was cocooned by a strange warmth the entire night.

I sighed stepping out of the shower wrapping myself in a towel. I was supposed to be visiting the school I was going to be attending for the rest of the year - with Elliot that is - this morning so I could get my schedule and take a tour before I actually began. I dried myself before I threw on some black jeans with a white top with my army jacket. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and grabbed my trainers before running downstairs. Elaine and David were already at work after dropping Elle off to her school leaving only Elliot and I in the kitchen.

"You ready?" Elliot muttered placing his empty bowl of cereal into the sink walking out of the kitchen without waiting for an answer.

"Yeah" I whispered to myself with a deep sigh before following him to his car. Elliot was waiting for me outside the door waiting to lock up before he let me into the passenger seat of the car.

"Thank you" he pushed the passenger door shut before climbing into the drivers seat. He might be rude but at least he's chivalrous. The ride to the school was just spent in an awkward silence with Elliot looking more uncomfortable than ever. 

"Thank you for driving me here" I thanked as we pulled up the school. He just shrugged jumping out the car and opening my door for me before waking off as fast as he could leaving me to run after him. What is his issue? Walking into the school entrance it was hard to ignore the evident staring.

"Does everyone usually stare like this?" I walked step in step with Elliot who seemed to start walking ever faster. 

"I don't know, just walk" he knocked on the office door waiting for a 'come in' before stepping inside. I scowled at his response but didn't say anything.

"Morning, what can I do for you?" the lady behind the desk questioned looking at us from behind her computer screen.

"Morning, my name's Jessica Campbell. I'm the new transfer student" I smiled waiting for her to give me my schedule. The lady grinned at me jumping up from her seat.

"It's so nice to have you, I'm sure you'll love your time at Riverside High. Elliot knows the school inside and out and  I'm sure he'll be more than happy to give you a tour" the lady said looking up at Elliot. 

Elliot flashed the lady a lady a grin, "Ofcourse I can Mrs Smith" Ass-licker.

"Perfect! Off you two go then" Mrs Smith clapped her hands excusing us. I followed Elliot out the door waiting for him to say something. Instead he stood across me with his hands in his pockets for a few minutes.