T W E N T Y - T H R E E | Butterflies

Bloom with grace

Bloom with grace

*****

"You ready?" Sira asked leaning against my bedrest. I nodded tying the second braid in my hair with a hair tie. It was Elliot's football game today and Jacob and him had been gone all day, leaving Sira, Alyssa and myself to get ready together before making our way down. 

"Does this look okay?" I asked the girls turning around to face them. I pulled at the Elliot's jersey that I was wearing. It rested mid-thigh and I paired it up with some blue ripped jeans. I hadn't told the girls about what happened between Elliot and I yesterday. The only thing I told them was that Elliot and I talked it out and had cleared up the misunderstandings. They didn't ask for more than that, either. They were just happy that we were happy. 

"You look perfect" Alyssa smiled taking in my appearance. Alyssa was dressed very similar to me in Jacobs jersey paired with some black jeans. Sira on the other hand stuck to her favourite mum jeans with a tank top. 

"We good to set off?" Sira asked jumping off the bed. Grabbing my phone and throwing on my trainers I followed the girls downstairs.

"Have fun, girls. Stay safe" Elaine said as we ran into her on our way out. Elaine was off today and was having a mother-daughter night with Elle. I smiled at her pulling her in for a hug. Despite being so busy at work, Elaine and David had always gone out of their way to make sure I was okay and settled. Despite it being two months already they still made sure that I was always comfortable.

"Thank you. You too, have fun" I smiled at Elle giving her a small hug before following the girls outside and towards the car. It took us around 15 minutes to get to the school but another 10 to actually find a parking space.

"Finally" Alyssa muttered as she pulled into a space around the middle of the parking lot. We all hopped out of the car walking towards the field before Alyssa stopped me.

"I'm going to go with Jacob luck before the game. You wanna come?" Alyssa asked looking at me. I looked at Sira who just smiled at me.

"Go. I'm going to get some snacks anyway. Meet you at our seats?" Sira asked.

""Yes, perfect" I smiled before following Alyssa towards the team changing rooms. I could hear the cheers from the door before I could even see it.

"Boys" Alyssa rolled her eyes with a laugh. Alyssa stood in-front of the door, thumping her fist against it twice before taking a step back. A boy in my math class pulled the door open looking between Alyssa and I.

"Yo, Jacob. It's your chick." the boy yelled over his shoulder before looking at me. "Elliot. Your girls here too" he added before walking back in. A few seconds later the door was pulled open again, a grinning Jacob emerging from behind it running directly for Alyssa lifting her up in his arms.