N I N E T E E N | Take My Hand

For I can't help falling in love with you

*****

Sometimes you just meet someone and click. Like what you've been searching for all your life is right in front of you. It feels as if someone answered your prayers and sent them to be with you. But then, sadness seeps through when find out they can't be there for you always. When you realise they're too good to be a part of your life. You feel as though you don't deserve such a kind-hearted soul. That they deserve someone better than you, someone who can complete them and not be so needy. So, you make some compromises with your feelings and let them stay put. You don't move an inch forward, towards saying 'I love you' but you don't step back either. Your mind bombards you with logic, with questions, and strangles you down to quit. But you heart, your stupid gullible heart, understands no logic. It still wants to hold on like a child, finding joy in that very moment. You may not be fully content but you're happy with the little connection that you have with them. That tiny little space, feels nothing less than love. Infact, that is exactly what love is.

But as Elliot held onto my hand leading me down towards the room I had recorded my music video in telling me he had a surprise, my heart decided it wanted so much more than a tiny space. Elliot looked over his shoulder sending me a small smile, before pulling the door open leading me in. 

"Surprise" Elliot whispered coming to stand behind me as he let me take in the room. Elliot had renovated the entire room, adding furniture and other musical instruments. The walls had been painted again, musical portrait's hanging off them. To my right sat a huge bean bag chair that could comfortably fit me along with three other people on it; and to my left sat an electric piano with a guitar leant against it. 

"Elliot..." I turned around to see a grin on his face. How was I supposed to tell my heart to be patient if this is what Elliot would do. 

"I have one more thing" he said before I could say anything.

"Elliot, no. Please, this is more than enough. You didn't need to do this" I said but he heard none of it holding onto my hand leading us to the bean bag, sitting us down.

"I'm not really sure how you're going to react to this", he cleared his throat, "but just know I did it with the best of intentions" he gave me a soft smile before he rummaged through his jacket pocket, pulling out a small pouch handing it over to me. 

"Open it" I hesitated for a second before I emptied the contents of the pouch onto my palm and I felt my heart drop.

"Elliot" I choked looking down at my palm. There sat a silver heart-shaped pendant with a picture of smaller Daniel and I engraved into it. With shaking hands I turned it over and read the words 'forever' on the back. Daniel had his head resting on the palm of his hands whilst mine was covering my mouth trying to hold back my giggles. I smiled at the memory of the picture, feeling as though the picture was taken just yesterday. 

"I know you want Daniel with you wherever you are and I didn't like the idea of you losing your picture if and whenever you chose to take it with you. After our trip to the museum I got this made for you. I'm not sure if I should have or not bu-" I didn't let Elliot finish before I threw my arms around him pulling him in. I wrapped my arms around him as tight as I could but it wasn't enough. My heart squeezed painfully at how much Elliot cared. As though Elliot felt the same way, he moved closer wrapping his arms tighter around my waist, pulling me onto his lap. 

"Thank you" I sniffed in his shoulder. 

"It's okay, baby. You don't need to thank me" Elliot replied massaging his hand into my hair. We sat there for God knows how long before I pulled back to look at his face. Looking into his eyes, I had to bite my tongue so I didn't let the words slips. Words that shouldn't be said this soon. 

"Happy?" Elliot asked tucking a strand of hair behind me ear.

"So happy" I whispered back before cupping his face and laying my lips on his but before he could respond I pulled back. Elliot frowned coming in for another kiss but I pulled back again with another laugh.

"I'm scheduled for another upload" I said shuffling off Elliot's lap to sit next to him instead. True to his word, Elliot had emailed a few managing companies and we had picked the best one. My new manager made a me a new YouTube timetable adjusting to my needs.

"Have you prepared?" Elliot asked leaning his head against mine. I shook my head with a little tut. 

"Nope. But I think I'll wing this one" I stood up from the bean bag and ran upstairs to grab my laptop before I ran back downstairs. Whilst I was gone Elliot had managed to get the camera started and placed it in-front of the piano.

"You're an absolute star" I said giving Elliot a peck on the cheek before slowing balancing my laptop on the piano, plugging in my earphones. Waiting for a thumbs up from Elliot, I hit record. There was only one song that I could sing right now, a song that would come straight from my heart. Lyrics that would say something that I've been dying to say.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

My eyes flickered up to Elliot and I couldn't help but let a small smile slip onto my face. As much as I didn't want to show Elliot just how true these lyrics meant the unconscious smile on my lips said otherwise. Only this time I wasn't scared and it probably had something to do with the fact that behind the camera Elliot had a matching smile to mine.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

When two people are meant to be. Location, timing and circumstances are all irrelevant. They suddenly become a magnet for one another and despite their efforts to fight it, the universe ends up manipulating it all in their favour. And that's when you truly know that some things are just really meant to be.

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

My eyes dropped from Elliot as I sung the words mostly to myself. And whilst the lyrics sunk in so did everything else. When you meet the one who changes the way your heart beats, dance with them to that rhythm, for as long as that song last.

*****