N I N E | Food Fight

Focus on the good

Focus on the good.

*****

I came to regret posting the snapshot to my Instagram yesterday. I forgot how often certain fans analyse everything I post, picking up on things that even I don't notice myself; like the fact that Elliot's hand was in the corner of the picture resting on my thigh. Every since it was uploaded multiple assumptions had been made and my dm's were full off naturally curious people wanting to know exactly who he was. I immediately hit delete but I knew it was far too late for damage control.

Waking up the following morning I found myself at ease. I watched the sweet serenity lying next me, holding me whilst I slept. I was calm and happier. There was no stress, no worry and no anxiousness. It felt as though my everyday routine was waking up next to Elliot.  I sighed throwing my phone onto the couch before trying to get out of Elliot's iron grip. I had managed to squirm out of his hold but not without waking him up during the process.

Elliot stretched out his arms coming forward to hold onto me once again, "Morning, baby" he yawned out, his alternated morning voice making everything sound so much more intense. Baby. Realising where we were or who exactly we were he shuffled backwards sitting up. 

"Sorry" he mumbled out, scratching the back of his neck. "I didn't realise when I fell asleep" he rubbed his eyes letting out a loud yawn standing up to meet me.

"Good morning" I whispered back to him taking a step back taking in the sight before me.  Despite his hair falling over his face, his eyes still full of sleep, Elliot couldn't have looked better. I swallowed hard, mentally slapping myself for being such a simp.

Elliot made a move to stand up from the couch, lifting his arms over his head in a long stretch. I tried to ignore the rising of his shirt, his lower abs coming into my full line of vision. Oh God. I swallowed my nerves telling Elliot I'd meet him back downstairs for breakfast before rushing upstairs to my to get ready. I had managed to get everything done within the half hour which meant I would have to take over breakfast whilst Elliot got dressed. It was a nice change, usually it was Elliot who would prepare breakfast every morning.

I quickly made up the pancake batter before whipping them up for Elliot, Elle and I. I had just about finished plating them up when Elliot walked into the kitchen hand in hand with Elle, who sat down on the stool with Elliot starting to braid her hair. I couldn't help but let a smile slip onto my face watching the scene play out in-front of me.

"Breakfast is served" I announced placing the plates in-front of Elliot and Elle. We quickly finished our breakfast and rushed out the door, first dropping Elle off before parking up outside our own school.

"I'll see you at lunch" Elliot waved me goodbye and we walked our separate ways. I still wasn't used to the constant stares or the 'subtle' whispering but there wasn't much I could do about it either. But today there seemed to be extra staring and extra whispers. I shook them off and went about my day the best I could. I sighed in relief when lunch came around and I could finally meet up with Alyssa and Sira.