T H I R T Y - T W O | Family

Your patience is your power

*****

So I have a secret, want to know? Well, listen closely and don't tell a soul. Last night Elliot snuck into my room. He grabbed a hold of my hand and drove us to a little cabin he had near the lake. He said the game wasn't over but he was here to finish it. So he held me close and reminded me of all that I missed. He reminded me of how I felt when he held me the first time I met him; he reminded me of our first kiss; he reminded me of when our bodies first interlocked in the most intimate of ways; he remind me of us; he reminded me of me.

With every second we spent together, with every second our souls intertwined, a part of me began to seep back into my forgotten memories. I had been speaking to a specialist about my case and the only answer I had gotten was patience. 'They'll come back. One day you'll wake up like nothing happened or whilst you're watching TV they might hit you. Just be patient' that is what she had said to me. And that is what had happened. Whilst I rested my head on Elliot's bare chest, I smiled at the memories filling up my head. All of my memories. Memories of the past and present. Now, I can't say I remember everything because some of it is still pretty blurry, but I am officially glad to say your girl is 90% there.

It felt weird being in this place, where my mind is wandering in all the places I had once forgotten. In all the memories that had so suddenly vanished. Maybe all I ever needed was to connect with Elliot once again to remember. Feel something so deep that it would force all the memories back. Elliot shuffled next to me pulling me out of my thoughts. I hadn't told him yet, I wanted to leave it a surprise. 

"What you thinking about?" Elliot asked planting a soft kiss on my forehead. I smiled pulling sheets closer to my naked chest, covering  both Elliot and I.

"Everything" I replied sighing resting further into Elliot, who locked his arms around me tighter, and that's exactly how we fell asleep. The next morning I still hadn't mentioned anything to Elliot but instead silently followed him back home. 

"I'm going to go shower" I shouted running up the stairs leaving Elliot behind me. I ran a quick shower before throwing on my joggers, tying my hair in two fish braids. Spending some time alone in the shower just amplified my happiness to the point where the smile wouldn't leave my face out of giddiness.

"I made breakfast" Elliot said as I stood at the top of the stairs. Elliot was stood at the bottom, hair dripping from his own shower. I didn't reply and instead ran down the stairs and jumped straight into his arms, my legs wrapping around his waist. 

"Someone's extra loving today" Elliot laughed wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"Nope, just happy" I shook my head at him pulling my face away to look at him.